Complaint Review: Global Test Market

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Diane — Laurel Delaware United States of America
Global Test Market
1100 112th Av 1351 Washington Blvd. Suite 5000 Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Global Test Market Customer Service Evaluator/Mystery Shopper Scam Stamford, Connecticut

I received a letter signed by Joe Coring [typed Joseph Coring (Project Director)] offering me a position as a customer service evaluator (later identified in the letter as a Mystery Shopper). It also had a Rep. I.D. # at the top of the page.

There were 2 assignments in the letter. First, I was to deposit the check in my bank and then call my Assigned Training Coordinator at 1-647-894-7517 or 1-416-856-2454 within 24 to 48 hours after deposit to receive detailed instructions on how I would be carrying out the assignments. One assignment was detailed in the letter - to buy an Money Pak at Walmart for $840.00 with a service fee of $5.00.

I was to get $120.00 participation pay for first week and $20.00 for Walmart retail shopping assignment.

Included with this letter was a check for $985.00 was "payment" for services they wanted me to buy and also as "payment" for my services. The check was computer-generated from Tech CU - Technology Credit Union, P O Box 1409, San Jose, CA 95109.

It looked too good to be true. So I thought I'd check it out before I did anything with it. I'm glad that I did and I hope that by writing this report, it will save somebody else from cashing the check and getting caught up in their scam. I feel sorry for anybody that doesn't check these things.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Test-Market/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/Global-Test-Market-Customer-Service-EvaluatorMystery-Shopper-Scam-Stamford-Connecticut-949771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Test Market