Complaint Review: Global Test Market

• Submitted: Tue, August 30, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 30, 2011

• Reported By: Scam Buster — Long Beach California USA
Global Test Market
1351 Washington Blvd. #500 Stamfors, CN Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Global Test Market Joe Coring, www.globaltestmarket.com, Phoney Recruitment Letter with Bogas $3990 Check Enclosed Stamford, Connecticut

I received via USPS a letter with a check enclosed. The postmark was from an automated Canadian service: "www.postescanada.ca M4L 1A5". My name and address were on a mailing list sticker.

Because of these peculiarities, I was immediately skeptical. The letter claimed to be a recruitment for a "Mystery Shopper Survey". The check was supposed to be deposited into my bank account. I was then to take $3500 to a Western Union Office and send the money to a location to be arranged.

The exact information was to be given to me by an "assigned training coordinator. I was to contact him by phone at (905) 781-0234. Instructions would be given after I had cashed the check and was ready to participate. I would be allowed to keep $200 for my fee for submitting a 'Mystery Shopper Report'.

The check was real - from a bank in Albuquerque, NM. This was a big tip-off, because the Letter-Head cited a business address in  Stamford, CN, but the postage indicated it was from in Toronto, Canada.

So, I notified the bank and it confirmed that the indicated account number was to a closed account.

Then I called the (905) 781-0234 number to speak to the trainer. To my surprise, a man actually answered the phone saying, "Global Test Market".  I told him I wanted to know where to send the money. He asked if I deposited the check, to which I responded in the affirmative.

He asked which bank I used. I told him the letter specified that I was NOT to give that information.  He replied, "Oh, yes - that's quite right. Please hold". I waited several minutes, but he never came back. I hung up and redialed. This time, and several attempts since, I only receive a 'busy' signal.

In addition to submitting this report here, I also took the letter, envelope, and check to the Post Office and submitted them along with a Postal Fraud Report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2011 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Test-Market/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/Global-Test-Market-Joe-Coring-wwwglobaltestmarketcom-Phoney-Recruitment-Letter-with-B-771165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Test Market