• Report: #1020175

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Susan — wiggins Mississippi United States of America
Global Test Marketing
1100 112th Av/1351 Washington Blvd Suite 5000 Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Global Test Marketing Mark Adams was the name of the person I spoke with on the phone, supposed to be my trainer. Letter was signed by Joe Coring. They stole $1035 from me. They ripped me off for $1035. Stamford, Connecticut

I received a letter from Global Test Market(letterhead) stating that I had been chosen to be a mystery shopper for their company.  There was a check for $995 enclosed.  The letter instructed me to deposit the check and wait until it cleared to give them a call.

I called after the check was posted to my account and spoke with Mark Adams, or so he said.  He asked me if the check had cleared and I said that it had been deposited and was posted to my account.  He instructed me to go to my local Walmart and purchase a money pac for $870 with a service fee of $5.  I was to see how knowledgeable the staff was about the money pac and grade the people greater also.

After I purchased the money pac, I was to call Mark and tell him about the experience.

I called and spoke with Mark.  He asked me a few questions about the experience and told me to mail the money pac card and Walmart receipt to the address on the letter-Global Test Market-1100 112th Av-1351 Washington Blvd., Suite 5000-Stamford CT 06902, which I did.

When I checked my checking account today, my account was overdrawn almost $400.  The check they sent was charged back!  So I was ripped off by them for $1035 including overdraft fee.

I would like to get my money back and keep this from happening to anybody else, if there is any way possible.

I have been fighting breast cancer for the last year and thought this would be a great way to make a little extra money.  Boy, was I wrong!!!!!!!

I hope this starts some kind of law suit against this company or people doing this, as I know it has happened to others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 05:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Test-Marketing/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/Global-Test-Marketing-Mark-Adams-was-the-name-of-the-person-I-spoke-with-on-the-phone-sup-1020175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Test Marketing