Complaint Review: Global Travel

• Updated: Fri, January 13, 2012

• Reported By: Jennifer L — NSB Florida United States of America
Global Travel
2600 Lake Lucien Dr Ste 201 Maitland, Florida United States of America

Global Travel Dream Destinations Global Travel Scam, Rip-Off, sat through presentation, never received "Free" Gift Maitland, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: NEVER agree to "sit through a presentation" for a gift

We were contacted via mail flyer, called, was advised if we sat through the presentation, we would receive 2 free airline tickets and an ipod.  I specifically asked the caller - are they any strings attached - no not at all, my guarantee.  Over and over, I asked about 5 different ways, still - "NO STRINGS" she said.  Ok, so we arrange for a babysitter - ($200 in the hole) - sit through the presentation, decide the program is absolutely ridiculous, receive our "vouchers" - so, we submit via mail the "voucher", receive a response about 2 months later that we need to pay $5.95 per voucher to receive our "vacation package" - do that - then get the "vacation package" in which we need to pay an additional $200+ dollars to get the tickets, and on top of that you have to pay for 2 nights hotel in advance to get the airline tickets - talk about "no strings attached".   I have placed several (thousand) calls and all I ever do is get passed around, no call backs.  It just makes me furious that these people get away with this and I have had a couple people say to me, "well, we got this flyer and they PROMISE, no strings attached, were thinking about doing it..."  DON'T DO IT!!!!!  Waste of time.  Partially my fault, I should have known there's nothing for "free"!!  Lesson learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Travel/Maitland-Florida-32751/Global-Travel-Dream-Destinations-Global-Travel-Scam-Rip-Off-sat-through-presentation-ne-822128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Travel

#1 Consumer Suggestion

NEVER agree to "sit through a presentation" for a gift

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

These are always shady timeshares and whatnot. Either you will not get what was promised (as you experienced) and/or you will have to sit through an * incredibly* high-pressure sales pitch. These are all bad deals, if not outright scams.