Complaint Review: Global Vacation Network

• Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: Don — Mattawan Michigan United States of America
Global Vacation Network
5400 Data Court Ann Arbor, MI 48108 Internet United States of America

Global Vacation Network . .High Pressure Sales Scam . . lured in with false Gifts , Internet

*Author of original report: UPDATE: I was wrong!

Received a postcard in the mail that seemed too good to be true . . . first time I have ever responded to something like this.

My wife and I love travel and were actually interested in the potential of this, but in all honesty we were most lured in by the promise of free round trip airfare for two adults to a place of our choosing (since we are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon soon) and the promise of an Android tablet was an added bonus.

I called and spoke with a lady at the office and she set up our time to come and hear a presentation.  I asked her at that point what the catch was and she told me nothing.  You get the tablet and the trip just for coming to hear a 90 minute presentation.

So we travelled from Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids to hear the spiel.  It became apparent that the plan was not for us, but the saleslady was not taking a no. Nothing aside from become uncourteous seemed to be working.  Rather than receiving free airfare and a tablet, we received a piece of paper with instructions on how to claim our simply great gifts, from simplygreatgifts.com (which I now also assume is a scam).  i am used to using rebate forms and know how to follow instructions and even made copies of everything to make sure I had record of what I sent to them.  It said the gifts would arrive in 3-6 weeks and it has now been 10 weeks and nothing has arrived.  If it arrives in the next few weeks, I will pull back this complaint, but I have not been able to get ahold of anyone who can tell me if anybody has even received my reward request.

Overall, this was a complete waste of my time, gas, and energy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Vacation-Network/internet/Global-Vacation-Network-High-Pressure-Sales-Scam-lured-in-with-false-Gifts-Int-907749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Vacation Network

UPDATE: I was wrong!

AUTHOR: Don - (United States of America)

The voucher for the airfare and the tablet computer arrived today.  Man do I feel like a jerk.