Complaint Review: Global Vacations Network

• Submitted: Mon, October 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 13, 2008

• Reported By:Lansing Michigan
Global Vacations Network
3949 Sparks Dr SE Ste 200 Grand Rapids, Michigan U.S.A.

Global Vacations Network Deceptive, High Pressure Rip Off....Shame on Me! Grand Rapids Michigan

I received a post card offering me 2 round trip airline tickets for attending a 90 minute presentation. I have attended timeshare presentations before and never had a problem with them delivering on their promises. Since I was planning a trip in December, I thought it might be worth checking into. I asked the person on the phone every conceivable question I could think of and was assured this was legitimate and that after I attended the presentation I would receive a certificate for 2 round trip airline tickets. I would be responsible for taxes and airline service fees which would run somewhere around $100. Ok, that should be cheaper than purchasing the actual tickets on my own.....wrong!

After driving to Grand Rapids from Lansing, enduring almost 2 and half hours of VERY high pressure sales tactics, I walked out with a peice of paper I had to mail in. I was told I would recieve my certificate in eight weeks! Then I received my certificate, and it indicates I need to send them $100 deposit within 21 days or forfeit my incentive. Of course the "deposit" in no way goes toward the taxes and fees I was told about. I would have ended up paying more for airline tickets using them than I would purchasing them myself!

I am not sending anyone $100. I checked this website and I'm so glad I did. I have a call into their president to see what it is he can do to make this up to me. Afterall....I should receive something for my time and trouble. I am also filing a report with the Better Business Bureau that they boast so much about belonging to. I will also send a letter to our Attorney General.

I should have known this was too good to be true, and it was. Shame on me for falling for such a ridiculous offer.

Debra
Lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2008 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Vacations-Network/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49546-6110/Global-Vacations-Network-Deceptive-High-Pressure-Rip-OffShame-on-Me-Grand-Rapids-Mic-380726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Vacations Network