Complaint Review: Global Vitamax

• Updated: Wed, July 09, 2014

• Reported By: AllyCDXX — Portland Oregon
Global Vitamax
Internet USA

Global Vitamax Vitamax, Vitamax Garcinia Cambogia, VitamaxGarcinia, JRM Marketing Solutions, Globaltek Distribution Services Extorted $89.95 for undisclosed reoccurring purchase following "free sample". No indication this was a subscription when sample was ordered or that there was a 14day time limit to cancel. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I disagree.

*UPDATE Employee: VitaMax Garcinia

I was linked to VitamaxGarciniaCambogia.com/.org/.net from a online review which stated a free 60day trial of Garcinia extract was available at no risk and with no subscription commitment. The claims of effectiveness of the extract in the review were impressive so I decided to give it a try. After all it claimed there was no commitment risk, "they were not trying to sign me up for anything." When I followed the link and then the directions to order the free sample bottle I saw no sign of or overt indication of this being a re-occurring purchase or subscription, even after my order was completed. So I completed the process again for my fiancee. After all it was no risk, right? If we liked it we would order more, if not we wouldn't buy it again. Now came the first sign of trouble, no confirmation email, no confirmation number, just an on screen thank you for your order. Our free samples arrived in about 5days. Again no indication this was a re-occurring purchase or that we now had 9days to cancel said re-occurring "service". Just a invoice for the shipping and handling and the free sample bottle.

We had no idea what we had signed up for by placing those orders until 20days later when my fiancee's bank account was overdrafted by a $89.95 charge, which neither of us recognized. She is a college student and I am currently unemployed. My unemployment benefits expired a month ago and this $180 deduction from our finances is going to be an excessive hardship on us. We can't be the only ones duped by this scam. I want to protect others from Vitamax.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Vitamax/internet/Global-Vitamax-Vitamax-Vitamax-Garcinia-Cambogia-VitamaxGarcinia-JRM-Marketing-Solution-1127124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Vitamax

I disagree.

AUTHOR: storytime - ()

I had the same situation happen to be as the other Ripoff Reports stated. If the "ad/offer" is in fact a "FREE" sample,Then it should be just that, free with no strings, no find print, no reqiurement to cancel in so many day! All I and apparently others wanted was to try the free sample! if I like the product then I could place an order. I believe your ad/offer for a free sample is inaccurate and misleading. It may meet the letter of the law but to me it falls well short of protecting the consumer.

VitaMax Garcinia

AUTHOR: HappyCustomer - ()

When VitaMax Garcinia is ordered on the internet, on the 2nd page of the order form, where the credit card information is put in, there is a paragrapgh that reads, "By placing your order today you'll be shipped a 30 Day Supply of VitaMax Garcinia Cambigia. (just pay $4.95 S&H) If you feel Vitamax Garcinia Cambogia is not for you, cancel within 14 Days from today to avoid the purchase price of $89.95. You may cancel at any time by calling Customer Service at.........

This paragraph explains it is a 14 Day Trial or you will be responsible for the purchase price. In addition to this, a packing slip is inserted with each product stating the same terms. Therefore, it is made perfectly clear, not only once, but twice, that this is a 14 Day Trial.Consumers can cancel at any time by calling Customer Service.

For the consumer to state they were not informed of the terms is untrue.  Everything is stated clearly in black and white.

It is stated before you purchase the trial, and when you receive it.

Nowhere does it state a 60 day trial.