Complaint Review: Global Warranty Group

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: Joonmin (Eric) — Port Coquitlam British Columbia
Global Warranty Group
500 Middle Country Rd. St. James, New York USA

Global Warranty Group GWG TAKEN DEDUCTIBLE FEE. NEVER REPLACED PHONE. NEVER SENT A CHEQUE. NO RETURN CALLS. 3MONTHS. *DO NOT BUY PHONE INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY* St. James New York

Do not buy the Wireless Protection Program from this Global Warranty Group. They are criminals.

I had my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 lost or stolen. I had my file registered in early January this year ( 2014 ). Paid my deductible of something around $140 with my Mastercard. Waited about 2 weeks after reporting my claim but didn't get my replacement phone. I gave the customer service a call, they said they "don't have the specific model in stock to replace the phone" and will be "sending a cheque of $640 instead of replacing the phone."

So I waited. AND WAITED. AND WAITED. In early February, I gave them a call. The customer representative rep tells me they have my file through and the cheque is "about to be" sent out, just waiting for the accounting team to sign it. So I waited again. I checked my mail box everyday but nothing came in. Starting from mid-Feb, I called the customer service 2-3 times a week. Everytime I call them, all they can say is "we are sorry, we are aware of the problem, we will report this file to the escalating team," and then "a member from the escalating team will reach you within 2 - 3 days."

NEVER have I received a call from the "escalating team."

Everytime I call the customer service team, everything repeats. No cheques, no return calls.

I ask them if I could talk to a supervisor. UNFORTUNATELY they don't have a supervisor running.

So I ask them if I could get a direct phone number to the "escalating team." UNFORTUNATELY, the customer service team doesn't have any direct number to any other teams of the company.

So basically, I'm stuck with one phone number (the useless customer service) to solve the problem with.

This company took my money and has been ignoring me for 3 whole months. It's getting into the fourth month since I reported the claim.

The funny thing is. They told me that they had my cheque ready to be sent out in February. They were waiting for another team to sign it. Well, here I am still waiting for that to-be-signed cheque for 2 months - going into the third!

The broker company (Rogers) that I purchased this insurance through, stopped selling this insurance a month ago. I believe Rogers holds the same responsibility as this Global Warranty Group since they recommended it.

I see that on the internet, there are tons of other people on the same boat.
I hope the complaints grow big enough for a Class-action lawsuit. If not, I believe it's up to me to contact my family lawyer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Warranty-Group/St-James-New-York-11780/Global-Warranty-Group-GWG-TAKEN-DEDUCTIBLE-FEE-NEVER-REPLACED-PHONE-NEVER-SENT-A-CHEQUE-1134012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Warranty Group