Complaint Review: Global Warranty Group

• Updated: Tue, January 14, 2014

• Reported By: Bruce — Surrey, British Columbia
Global Warranty Group
500 Middle Country Rd, St. James, New York USA

Global Warranty Group GWG Warranty Canada, Limited Cell Phone Warranty Rip-Off Scam Unreliable St. James New York

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care at GWG

I purchased cell phone insurance through Rogers Wireless in 2012 with Global Warranty Group "Wireless Protection Program" which has given me the absolute worst service I have ever had in my life. I started my claim on December 21, 2013 for a lost iphone 4S. The claim was approved at the end of that week and when asked, I paid my deductable of $179 on my Visa card, over the phone with their New York office staff.

I checked my claim status on the website they proveided, and kept getting the meassge that my replacement phone was on order. I phoned to enquire and instead was promised a cheque in 10-12 business days for the replacement of my iPhone 4S for the amount of $450. It is now January 14, 2014 and I still have not received this money nor have I received as much as an explanation for what is taking so long. I have called multiple times and spoken with multiple people who always have said that my case has been forwarded to the accounting department and I will be contacted by their "Escalation team". The accounting department is extremely backlogged, apparently. To this day I have not been contacted by them.

Every time I call for an update no one knows what's going on. They can't put anyone on the phone, they can only email a request to have someone contact me which they never do. Laura feels bad for me. I have spoken to Tony, and Anthony.

I have looked online and am finding a few people with the same issue. Do NOT buy this warranty. By far the biggest headache I have ever had to deal with in my life. Am I crazy or is this UNACCEPTABLE. Not only have I paid the initial $145 for this warranty, but also another $179 for the deductable. I will trying to get Visa to reverse the charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2014 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Warranty-Group/St-James-New-York/Global-Warranty-Group-GWG-Warranty-Canada-Limited-Cell-Phone-Warranty-Rip-Off-Scam-Unrel-1115533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Warranty Group

Customer Care at GWG

AUTHOR: Global Warranty Group - ()

Dear Bruce,

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing with receiving your check. We have experienced some system problems that have delayed our processing. Our records show your check was sent on 1/24.

Please email our Customer Care Department customercare@globalwarrantygroup.com if your problem still exists and we will work with you to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please put "Answering website complaint" in the subject line so we can identify your email and resolve your complaint.

Global Warranty Group Customer Care.