• Report: #1120461

• Updated: Mon, February 03, 2014

• Reported By: msfighter87 — Dayville Connecticut
Global Warranty Group
500 Middle Country Rd St. James, New York USA

Global Warranty Group Wireless Protection program Terrible Service. DO NOT USE St. James New York

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care at GWG

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4 on July 26th 2013 from my local verizon store. At that time I opted to purchase the one time insurance on the phone provided by  this company. My phone broke on January 10th 2014. I immediatly went to my dealer to start a claim. First this company had no record of my policy. I was finally able to get that taken care of and continued the claim. I was asked for my credit card information to make a $100 deductible payment. I did that and was told to send in my phone with the prepaid shipping label thay gave me.

My broken phone was dropped off at the local staples 15 min after i hung up the phone. On the 13th i called because UPS said my phone had been delivered but this companies website said they were still waiting for my phone. When I got a hold of someone they told me they did recieve my phone and they did not have a replacement phone to send me. They offered me a $600 check to purchase a new phone. I was ok with that. I was told it would be sent to the accounting department and once it was processed through them it would be a couple of days and I would have my check.

The check was finally processed through the accounting department on the 22nd and has yet to me mailed. I have called several times and they tell me all they can do is send it to there escalation team who would contact me in 24 to 48 hours. I have done this 3 times now with no one contacting me. I have also sent numerous emails to there customer service and still have not had any contact. I have now filed a complaint with the Better Business Buruea and with the New York State attorny general. I will be contactin my own attorny tomorrow if I do not hear back from this company today and I will be getting my check plus my $100 deductible back. This is crazy. It is on the 3rd of Febuary.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Warranty-Group/St-James-New-York/Global-Warranty-Group-Wireless-Protection-program-Terrible-Service-DO-NOT-USE-St-James-1120461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Warranty Group

Customer Care at GWG

AUTHOR: Global Warranty Group - ()

Dear msfighter87,

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing with replacing your wireless device. Please email our Customer Care Department at customercare@globalwarrantygroup.com and we will work with you to resolve this issue as soon as we can. Please put "Answering website complaint" in the subject line so we can identify your email and resolve your complaint.

Global Warranty Group Customer Care.