Complaint Review: Global-locksmith.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 26, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, September 26, 2011

• Reported By: Bill in the Burgh — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Global-locksmith.com

Global-locksmith.com Free quote inst free! Internet

I searched the internet for a automotive ignition replacement locksmith and came up with global-locksmith.com  . on their main page in BOLD letters there is a "FREE QUOTE / FREE ESTIMATE" click here box. that is what I chose on the heading at the top where you fill out your name and contact info it states "You need a locksmith services and have no idea about cost and other implication? Fill in the free locksmith estimation form and talk about your needs. We can give you free locksmith advices." well that sounds like exactly what I need so I filled in the form and waited 2 hours without a response so I called the 800#.  This is what happened during the call,,,,

I asked why I had not received a call back on my this internet inquiry that was placed
at least 2 hours ago and he proceed to take my info and request again then told me it would be
$15 for the estimate. I had mentioned that I had clicked on the "free
quote" tab and was told sharply "that is a lie, the website is a lie!
if you want a quote it will cost you $15!!!!!!" I tried to explain that I
am requesting the "free estimate / free quote" so that I will have
enough money here when the tech gets here. This is the quote from your page "You need a
locksmith services and have no idea about cost and other implication? Fill in
the free locksmith estimation form and talk about your needs" and again he
was very abrupt,,  "it will cost $15  ITS NOT FREE!! do you want it or not??!!!" I asked to speak with a supervisor and was hung up on. I called back and he threatened to call the
police and I said to please do so, I am being misled, he hung up again,, I
called back and was threatened again!!! I told him " I WANT THE POLICE TO RESPOND!!!!! "

He would not give his name to me that = coward. If as a customer service rep you wont give your name and  or operator # you are hiding behind the phone line,,,,,

In short, if you are an independent contractor that uses a national website for leads ,, fine just follow the lead source guidelines (ie offer, catch, free "whatever" and give the consumer what they asked for,, after all that is how the lead was generated, be thankful that it was there giving you the opportunity to earn the business. It was in this case the offer of "free estimate" that had me fill out my name and private contact information. I already had an estimate from the dealer and wanted a second.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2011 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-locksmithcom/internet/Global-locksmithcom-Free-quote-inst-free-Internet-781355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global-locksmith.com