Complaint Review: Global-phonelinx, Globalinx

• Reported By:South Elgin IL
Global-phonelinx, Globalinx
Mclean, Virginia U.S.A.

Global Phonelinx, Globalinx ripoff con artists fraud business McLean Virginia

Global Phonelinx has ripped me off for the second time in 2 months. Once again a charge for $54.90 has appeared on my visa check card statement. I never heard of this company until the first charge occurred in July 2002.

When I go to their sight it says they sell pre-paid calling cards. Well, first of all I do not use pre-paid calling cards. My brother is an Excel Wireless Representative and I get my wireless and long distance service from him. I never authorized any company called Global Phonelinx, or global anything for that matter, to charge any sum to my account.

My bank is looking into the charges and I am now going to report these charges to my local police and seek further redress. I had to close out the card and get a new one issued from my bank. What a waste of time.

My biggest question is which site on the internet did they steal my personal banking information from. If I knew this I could stop visiting that site and hopefully prevent another occurance.

Web surfers beware!

Joyceanne
South Elgin, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2002 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-phonelinx-Globalinx/Mclean-Virginia/Global-Phonelinx-Globalinx-ripoff-con-artists-fraud-business-McLean-Virginia-28989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global-phonelinx, Globalinx