Complaint Review: Globalinx, Tiger Direct

• Submitted: Mon, September 09, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, September 12, 2002

• Reported By:Southgate KY
Globalinx, Tiger Direct
1483 Chain Bridge Rd, Ste 300 McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

Globalinx Fraudulent Credit Card Charges through Tiger Direct recurring RIPOFF! ripped off and scammed McLean Virginia

*Consumer Comment: dispute the two monthly Globalinx charges

I've had a recurring charge on my credit card now for three (3) months... each month I've disputed the charges and each month when I ask the credit card company who they are or how to contact them, they have no information for me.

Through a little dective work on my own and with the help of this website I know how they got my information.... TIGER DIRECT.COM

Don't waist your time calling Tiger Direct... just cancel your credit card account and open a new one! Your problem will be resolved much quicker than continuing to dispute charges or waiting on Tiger Direct.

I would us caution when using TigerDirect.com in the future. I won't have that problem any more because I will not be using them again.

Steve
Southgate, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2002 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globalinx-Tiger-Direct/McLean-Virginia/Globalinx-Fraudulent-Credit-Card-Charges-through-Tiger-Direct-recurring-RIPOFF-ripped-off-29504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globalinx, Tiger Direct

dispute the two monthly Globalinx charges

AUTHOR: Alan - ()

My experience was similar. I reached someone at TigerDirect who confirmed they had passed my card number to Globalinx for this phone (scam) program. I had placed my order on the phone and the order taker "enrolled" me into the program. The only problem - I was never told nor did I authorize or agree to this "service". After numerous phone calls to TigerDirect and Globalinx the truth came out. Globalinx also confirmed they had gotten my "enrollment" from TigerDirect.

My remedy was to dispute the two monthly Globalinx charges, cancel my card number, file an affidavit of fraud with the credit card company. I also sent an email to TigerDirect protesting their misues of my credit card. I think TigerDirect and Globalinx share equal responsibility.

If you have already paid a monthly statement with an unauthorized Globalinx charge, you can still call your credit card company and put the charge in DISPUTE. They will send you a form to fill out.

Good luck to all in getting your statements straightened out.