Complaint Review: Globalinx aka Phonelinx aka Orion & Richard J. Gibbs

• Submitted: Sun, August 25, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, August 29, 2002

• Reported By:Brooklyn NY
Globalinx aka Phonelinx aka Orion & Richard J. Gibbs
1483 Chain Bridge Rd Suite 300 McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

Globalinx aka Phonelinx aka Orion & Richard J. Gibbs ripoff in collusion with TigerDirect.com computer supplies fraudulent ripoff business mistreated and ripped off fraudulent ripoff business ripped off and scammed McLean Virginia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I ordered from Tigerdirect.com a while back. ..We need to find out who else is giving our information

In June, I received an E-Mail from Phonelinx, a division of Globalinx, informing me that they were sending me a "free" telephone credit card, and that they had received my ADDRESS and CREDIT CARD NUMBER from TigerDirect.com, a computer supplies net business from whom I had just ordered some equipment.

I never gave TigerDirect permission to give my financial information to outside companies, and I never agreed to the account they had set up for me. I called the number on the e-mail and instructed them to cancel this fraudulent account forthwith.

The person I spoke with assured me that the account would be cancelled. Nevertheless, on my July statement for my AMEX OPTIMA credit card, Globalinx billed me 49.95. I will never again do business with TigerDirect, and I advise all of you to beware of the thieves at Globalinx aka Phonelinx aka Orion.

Thomas
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2002 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globalinx-aka-Phonelinx-aka-Orion-Richard-J-Gibbs/McLean-Virginia-22101/Globalinx-aka-Phonelinx-aka-Orion-Richard-J-Gibbs-ripoff-in-collusion-with-TigerDirect-27953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globalinx aka Phonelinx aka Orion & Richard J. Gibbs

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We need to find a common denominator here.
Tigerdirect.com seems like one of the places that is sharing our Credit card information to Globallinx. We need to find out who else is giving our information to these people. I know I use my card for alot of different online places. So for those of you who only use it once in a while, we need to pool all the information together and find out who else could be giving our information to these people....

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company