Complaint Review: Globalinx

• Submitted: Thu, September 11, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 11, 2008

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Globalinx
275 Kenneth Drive, Suite 100 Rochester, New York U.S.A.

Globalinx Fraudulent Early Termination Fees Rochester New York

I signed up for their service via phone through one of their representatives. I never hooked up their equipment nor used their service. (Basically due to the fact that it was not going to work well for the internet set up that I have in my home).
I paid them up front for their equipment in the amount of $77.00 and also for 2 months of service that I never used.

Upon calling to cancel the service- I was advised that there is an Early Termination Fee of $99.00. I never was aprised of any termination fees at the time of signing up for their service. As it was done via phone- these terms and conditions were never provided to me.
I was treated very rudely by their customer service and requested to speak to a supervisor, upon that request the rep told me "WHY? She won't do anything". I still gave my contact information and requested a return call, which I never received.

After waiting 3 days for the return call, I found the e-mail of their Customer Care Manager (Mike Cannova) on the Better Business Bureau's website (btw- this company has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB).

I e-mailed Mr. Cannova and provided him with the only documentation that I had from their company with a description of my dilemma. NO RESPONSE.

I then filed a complaint with the BBB - and miraculously I received a response including the Terms and Conditions that I had never seen before that point.

Mr. Cannova informed the BBB that they would not waive the $99 termination fee because it is stated in their terms and conditions- you know, the ones that I was NEVER PROVIDED and had not laid eyes on before this response.

Today a charge from Globalinx in the amount of $107.67 appeared on my checking account- despite my request to return the equipment and for them to waive their termination fee.

I again contacted Mr. Cannova and contacted the BBB with my response, requesting that he provide me with instructions to return their equipment and reverse this charge. I also called my bank and disputed the charge as well.

I have not received a response from Globalinx and expect I will not- I am most likely out over $250.00 for a service that I never used.

BUYER BEWARE!!!! This is company is not ethical in their business practices.

Andy
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2008 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globalinx/Rochester-New-York/Globalinx-Fraudulent-Early-Termination-Fees-Rochester-New-York-371877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globalinx