I signed up for Globalinx in march of 2007. I was happy with my phone service with the exception of having no caller ID. Around November of 2007, I was informed they would be converting to a new system. I was given a temporary number until the conversion was completed.
This is when everything began to go wrong. First they forgot to forward my calls from my old number to my temporary number. ( I wasn't getting any calls.) When they switched my normal number back ( after the conversion) I was recieving only about half my calls. Peaple were met with messages saying the call could not be completed, or the lines were all tied up.
I called 2-3 times a week to have the tech support fix the problem. They couldn't fix it. I explained to them I was in the medical profession and needed to be available to the hospital I work at. In Jan 2008 I informed them I was cancelling my service. I wrote e-mails to tech support and the corp. They told me they would take a week to 10 days to port the number to Comcast. It took a month.
You would think this was a done deal, but no. May of 2008 I find a $211 charge on my bill from Globalinx. I called them and they stated I hadn't cancelled properly. It appearently wasn't enough that I called them, sent e-mails and ported my number away from them. They would not back down. I treid to explain I did not authorize the withdraw. My credit card company refunded the money. I have since changed my credit card account number.
New Castle, Pennsylvania