Complaint Review: Globalinx

• Updated: Sun, November 30, 2008

• Reported By:New Castle Pennsylvania
Globalinx
globalinx.com Internet U.S.A.

Globalinx Unprofessional customer service, unauthorized credit card charges Internet

I signed up for Globalinx in march of 2007. I was happy with my phone service with the exception of having no caller ID. Around November of 2007, I was informed they would be converting to a new system. I was given a temporary number until the conversion was completed.

This is when everything began to go wrong. First they forgot to forward my calls from my old number to my temporary number. ( I wasn't getting any calls.) When they switched my normal number back ( after the conversion) I was recieving only about half my calls. Peaple were met with messages saying the call could not be completed, or the lines were all tied up.

I called 2-3 times a week to have the tech support fix the problem. They couldn't fix it. I explained to them I was in the medical profession and needed to be available to the hospital I work at. In Jan 2008 I informed them I was cancelling my service. I wrote e-mails to tech support and the corp. They told me they would take a week to 10 days to port the number to Comcast. It took a month.

You would think this was a done deal, but no. May of 2008 I find a $211 charge on my bill from Globalinx. I called them and they stated I hadn't cancelled properly. It appearently wasn't enough that I called them, sent e-mails and ported my number away from them. They would not back down. I treid to explain I did not authorize the withdraw. My credit card company refunded the money. I have since changed my credit card account number.

Mike
New Castle, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2008 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globalinx/internet/Globalinx-Unprofessional-customer-service-unauthorized-credit-card-charges-Internet-396332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globalinx