Complaint Review: Globalinx/Phonelinx

• Submitted: Wed, August 28, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, August 28, 2002

• Reported By:Burnsville NC
Globalinx/Phonelinx
globalinx.com McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

Globalinx Phonelinx L.D. phone charge service is a ripoff McLean Virginia

I inquired about the service while making a book purchase online. I expected to receive information about their service.

What I got was an automatic charge to my checking account of $54.90 for the first month's service, which I had never used.

When I saw the charge on my next bank statement, I was told it must have been a mistake and would be credited to my account within 14 days. I also learned that the charge for the second month's service was to come out that night and could not be stopped, but would also be credited.

That was a month ago. No credit has ever been processed and now no one at their phone number will talk to me. I've waited on hold for 30 minutes, only to have the line go dead when someone apparently hung it up.

Byron
Asheville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2002 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GlobalinxPhonelinx/McLean-Virginia/Globalinx-Phonelinx-LD-phone-charge-service-is-a-ripoff-McLean-Virginia-28268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globalinx/Phonelinx