Complaint Review: Globalinx/Phonelinx

• Submitted: Wed, December 04, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, December 04, 2002

• Reported By:Horicon Wisconsin
Globalinx/Phonelinx
McLean Virginia McLean, Virginia U.S.A.

Globalinx/Phonelinx ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing McLean Virginia

Unlike most of the other reports I have been reading, I actually DID sign up for their service but NEVER USED it. After signing up, I was reading through some of the FAQs and discovered that their service COULDN'T be used for medical transcribing, of which I am. Immediately, THAT VERY DAY, I called them back and explained the situation; that I had signed up for their service not knowing about the above. I was ASSURED that a I would be receiving a FULL REFUND as I had not used any of the minutes (which they state in the fine print that if ANY minutes are used, there is NO REFUND). I think this was in July and sometime in the beginning of August is when I made my FIRST phone call to them. I was AGAIN assured that a refund would be coming but was also told that I had been charged TWICE, so my total refund was for $105.90.

Since then, it has been like most of the other reports. I have made NUMEROUS calls to their company and each time have been assured that my refund was "being processed."

In the beginning of October, I called again and spoke with a woman named "Jo" at ext. 5401. She explained to me that they "supposedly" had had some problems with their "banking software" and that they had been "down" for 3 or 4 weeks, so were VERY far behind on all of their processing. She also told me that she was "surprised" that no one had told me this on any of my previous calls (whatever?!). She then gave me her name and extension number, told me that I could call her at any time to check on my refund and that I could expect to see it around Thanksgiving because of the "delay" they had experienced.

Well, Thanksgiving has COME AND GONE....and I started calling there the week OF Thanksgiving and have gotten the recording about the "technical difficulties" ever since.

I have done all kinds of searching on the Internet trying to find direct phone numbers or SOMEthing to get me through. I came across a couple of different e-mail addresses for "customer service" and have sent complaints that way, but have heard absolutely NOTHING!

I feel that I have been MORE than patient with this whole thing and now am REALLY ticked off!! I want my money back.

Their website is still up and it appears that people can still sign up for their LD service -- DON'T DO IT --!!!!!!!

Karen
Horicon, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2002 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GlobalinxPhonelinx/McLean-Virginia/GlobalinxPhonelinx-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-McLean-Virginia-37187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globalinx/Phonelinx