Complaint Review: Globe Life Insurance

• Updated: Sun, December 16, 2012

• Reported By: patti165 — Dodge Nebraska United States of America
Globe Life Insurance
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

Globe Life Insurance Trying to get out of paying claim on my baby brother Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: contestability period

*Consumer Comment: Globe Life Insurance

*Consumer Suggestion: bad news

My Brother passed away November 6th, 2011, the death certificate said massive heart attach. He died at home in his basement bedroom. We found him,my husband myself and immediately called 911 but it was too late he was already gone. He was 50 years old. He had never seen a doctor before in his entire life before May 2010. In March 2010 I got life insurance for him and my husband.Just enough to bury them if something happened but I never figured it would.I have a life ins. policy that I took out 20 years ago to take care of Joe(my brother) in case something happened to me. I just had enough to bury him and get a headstone but I'm haveing trouble getting any responce from Globe life. I'm getting the run around. They say since the policy was under 2 years old they have to check it out and it may take up to a year or a year and a 1/2 to reach a decision. Joe's death was hard enough to deal with and it still is, I haven't brought myself to pack his room up yet even though we have to move now now because we can't afford the morgage. [continued below]....
..... I thought the the insurance company was supposed to be there to help with the transaction and grief process.I can't help but think about this every day day because of the insurance companie not doing their job. Surely they checked his medical records when he got the insurance and all the payments were made on time because they were automatically withdrew from the bank.Can you Please help me, I just want this chapter closed so I can move on and get him a headstone.The insurance wasn't worth much, only enough for the funeral and a headstone.$15000 Please Help me. Thank you and God Bless You.
Patty
 Dodge, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2012 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globe-Life-Insurance/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-/Globe-Life-Insurance-Trying-to-get-out-of-paying-claim-on-my-baby-brother-Oklahoma-City-843192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globe Life Insurance

contestability period

AUTHOR: RICK36 - (United States of America)

i have been an insurance broker for 24 years and i   will tell you that any life insurance policy you buy  will have a 2 or 3 year contestability period of which they can deny claims until they get medical records or if they suspect a suspicious cause of death.

I will say that Gobe is not a very good company and uses this tactic quite often. They should only take a maximum of six months to investigate. Anything over that is ridiculous. I recommend you get an attorney and file a complaint with your insurance dept and the insurance commissioner in oklahoma or  texas as Gkibe has an administrative office in mckinney tx. I am sorry for you loss and hope this helps.

Globe Life Insurance

AUTHOR: ga - (United States of America)

Sorry for your lost I was the one that told you to contact the BOONSWANG Law FIRM ,please forgive me they were no help to me ,contact your INSURANCE COMISSIONER.And File a complaint form and send in all documents to support your claim he will get involve and investigate .Insurance Comissioner will not cost you a penny this is his jobs he works for the state.Donot listen to that person that stated all you going to get is your premiums back ,your policy was paid and by law Insurance Company suppose to pay 30 days after you submitt death certifciate etc.. this can be a bad faith judgement on the Insurance Part.Believe in God and not man and God will intervene and do what man can;t do .Just Pray and trust God it will work out you will receive that check.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

bad news

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Unfortuantly since he died with in two years of you getting the insurance you are probably screwed. I dont know about your specific policy but a lot of small policys like that say if they die with in two years all you get are your primium payments back, but at least you get something.

Sorry about your loss.