Complaint Review: Globe Moving & Storage

• Submitted: Sun, July 17, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, July 27, 2011

• Reported By: Louise — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
Globe Moving & Storage
200 Fleming St Garden City, Kansas United States of America

Globe Moving & Storage Don't use them - poor customer service Garden City, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Globe Moving & Storage, Garden City, KS

*Consumer Comment: Always go in a little further

Unfortunatley, the other reports on Gobe moving were posted after I had signed on with them.  Julian the sales rep. of course was very personable until he made the sale.  He's basically been missing in action since then.  My pick up was three days late and no phone calls to update me on what was going on - despite my multiple messages.

Forget calling "customer service" - a voice mail where calls are not returned.  Forget calling the other customer service or dispatch numbers that they also offer - dispatch says don't leave a voice mail.  Customer Service never calls back.  Meanwhile I have another dispatcher number - the person who actually called when the pick up happened.  But now as I await the arrival - he is also missing in action.

I have called every possible number for Globe Moving, including leaving a message for Chris the sales manager; I have also sent multiple e-mails to Julian, plus phone calls.  No one responds - so when is my delivery?  have they lost it? has the company gone bankrupt and my stuff is sitting in some parking lot somewhere in the mid-west?

Not all possessions are replacable.  I am making a major cross country move and have some (luckily not all) sentimental items.

The guys who actually picked up my belongings were fine.  They did not try to demand more money, etc.  They were efficient and tried to be careful.  Now if they would only arrive.....

I also question the Better Business Bureau in all of this.  One of the reasons I picked this company is becuase they belonged to the BBB.  BBB is next on my list to contact.

I understand a delay in delivery what I don't understand is that no one can call.  I"m posting this message in hopes that Someone....Anyone from Globe will call me. You've got my number

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2011 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globe-Moving-Storage/Garden-City-Kansas-67846/Globe-Moving-Storage-Dont-use-them-poor-customer-service-Garden-City-Kansas-754019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globe Moving & Storage

Globe Moving & Storage, Garden City, KS

AUTHOR: Fed-up - (United States of America)

They are NO LONGER a member of the Better Business Bureau... as their membership was REVOKED... and Globe asked for a review by the board of the BBB. I am most sure the BBB will not allow the bandits to regain their membership. They still have the logo of BBB Membership in their advertisement on Internet.

Check the BBB in Garden City, KS for yourself. I discovered this while searching for info to file a complaint, as Joshh fed me the string of lies, just like he does to almost all their customers. I sent my compalint to their 200 Fleming St., and the PO left 2 notices, as they did not receive the mail. Do they keep office door locked, and only accept mail in the slot in door, but nothing they have to sign for?

I suggest everyone considering Globe... avoid Globe like the pleague. I will file my full detailed report later. Fed-up

Always go in a little further

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Yes, the BBB shows them as members, but 1 click in for the company details you'd see their file is under review, which is a red flag something's not right. Bottom line that I get from all these complaints is that Globe is just a broker, basically hiring the very same movers that you would avoid like the plague otherwise and leaving you adrift to deal with those jackals on your own. count yourself lucky if you don't get hit up for more cash on delivery and then find you actually have to truck your stuff to your home from a storage facility. Globe Globe Globe, what's the 411?