- Report: #752124
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Globe Moving and Storage
Globe Moving and StorageGarden City, Kansas United States of America
Globe Moving and Storage Horrible experience Garden City, Kansas
The several issues we experienced:
The pick up:
- They didn't arrive until 4:30pm on our "back up date" (05/28)
- They didn't finish loading until 10:30pm that night, and we have two young kids and were moving the next day
- They dropped our bed and damaged several parts of the wood while disassembling it
- Our "delivery window" was 06/01-06/06, with our salesman (Sebastian) "guaranteeing" it would be by 06/03
- They didn't deliver until 06/19, 22 days after the pick up and 13 days after the end of our "window"
The customer service:
- We called 2-3 times every day starting two days after the pick up to see when our stuff would arrive (we just moved across the country with two young kids and had no beds, tables, chairs, cooking items, toys)
- Most of the time, we only got voicemails and we left a message every time
- Out of the literally ~60 times we called customer service (Mekayla), the salesman (Sebastian), the manager (Chris), or dispatch, we talked to someone about 5 times and had about 3 phone calls returned
- They gave us several incorrect delivery dates between the pick up and actual delivery, using every excuse one could imagine
- They charged for packaging materials they never used; we've asked them at least 10 times why they charged for this and they never gave us an answer
- During the sale, they said they would show us a copy of the weigh station receipts before and after the pickup to confirm the weight; they charged an extra $482 for excess weight but could never reproduce the receipts
- Several pieces of furniture were damaged both during pick up and during transit, yet attempts to claim these pieces with their "insurance" have been ignored
- With the extra 2 weeks without our items, we had to purchase several things that we needed for our jobs
- To be fair, the company did take off ~%25 from our invoice for being so late with the delivery, but that was only after spending literally 10's of hours on the phone talking to various people and pleading for them to do something
These are the highlights. We could go on forever about why this company is so horrible, but we've wasted way too much time with this matter.
To summarize, this is the worst experience we've ever had with a company, and it happened during a critical transition for our family. We hope others can learn from our mistake.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2011 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globe-Moving-and-Storage/Garden-City-Kansas-/Globe-Moving-and-Storage-Horrible-experience-Garden-City-Kansas-752124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.