Complaint Review: Globe Van Lines - Moving Companies

• Submitted: Tue, March 12, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, March 12, 2002

• Reported By:Los Angeles CA
Globe Van Lines - Moving Companies
16200 Ventura Blvd., Suite 310 Encino, California U.S.A.

Globe Movers, Globe Van Lines ripoff deception, sexual advances ripoff moving Encino California

This company charged me double what they quoted me. They came to my house, inventoried all my belongings, and guaranteed a price. That price doubled, and they said it was because the guy they sent to do the quote didn't have enough experience.

When I tried to discuss the problem with the manager, he told me that he would be happy to move in with me and "take care of me." He told me that he'd make sure I didn't have ANY worries. When I told him that my husband wouldn't like this, he just said we could work around him.

I paid to have my belongings professionally packed. As I was unpacking my belongings, I found that nothing had been packed appropriately. Drawers had simply been emptied into boxes. A trash can had been emptied in with my belongings. I had to pick bathroom trash items out from the other items in the box. When I discussed this problem with the company's representative, she said she was sorry, but there was nothing they could do about it.

Kait
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Globe-Van-Lines-Moving-Companies/Encino-California-91436/Globe-Movers-Globe-Van-Lines-ripoff-deception-sexual-advances-ripoff-moving-Encino-Calif-16627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Globe Van Lines - Moving Companies