Complaint Review: Go Chemless

• Submitted: Mon, January 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, May 13, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — Coral Springs Florida United States of America
Go Chemless

Go Chemless gochemless.com, Very technical for something that doesn't work, Internet

*Consumer Comment: My 2 cents on Go Chemless

*Consumer Comment: Very Familiar with this product and company

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: My door is open.

*Consumer Comment: Hate to say it

*Author of original report: The only thing fictitious is your Go Chemless Pool Sanitizer!!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THE OWNER RESPONDS....

I did some research about pools online and tried to see if there was any pools that I did not have to put chemicals in and save money by not putting in chlorine. I knew about salt chlorinated pools already but I stumbled across a swimming pool sanitizers run by copper chambers. I liked this companies model because they put up all these videos and were very descriptive with on how to install it. Example from their site: Description: Swimming Pool Bio Sanitizer. Eliminate the constant exposure to caustic cancer causing pool chemicals.Neutralizes: Algae, Bacteria, Viruses, Mold and Fungus. Environmentally friendly. So I called them and they said I could install it myself just looking at the videos they put up. So I bought it and this is where the nightmare began.

I received it 4 weeks later than I expected after numerous calls and they didn't even know where it was. So I opened the box and attempted to install it. The videos did no justice when the unit got to me. They looked great and all on the web but when you actually install it yourself its a different story. Cut my pool pipes but come to find out their China made PVC pipes did not glue together with mine. Again I got their service rep Richard and he said this never happened to them before. Sounds like I was their first client and they were learning about their machine on my dime. I let the glue dry for 3 days before I turned on my pool again the pipes burst to where the unit was installed. What a mess I called my plumber and he changed there fittings on their machine to a better pvc and now it worked after paying the plumber $200.

Now that I got the mechanical isssues fixed myself I had to deal with the computer issues with the unit. I had to  take a moment and fill out their product registration profile to activate my warranty. It was asking me for my serial number but I could not find it. Called there customer service and to my surprise got Richard. Must be the only numbskull working there. He said when the unit powers on it should read my serial number on the status display screen. I am pretty computer savy and could not find it. It came to the point where Richard said your warranty is active without giving them the serial number because he couldn't tell me what to do. Now I had to enter my pool gallons into the unit got error messages. By this time I just wanted my money back.

The rep Richard just said to let the unit run even with the error messages. So I did for a week my pool was still green. I called customer service again and told them my pool was green after having the unit run for 2 weeks and he told me I have to add chlorine tablets to the pool. I told him thats what I bought this unit for. He said I know but you still have to add chemicals to the pool. Once I heard this I was ready to jump through the phone and rip his head off. I have the unit now as a paper weight  because I deinstalled it. Looking to get my money back but now I can't find any managers or owners that will talk to me. There were plenty people talking to me when they were trying to sell the unit.Now that the unit has failed I am letting people know about these scam artist. The gochemless unit is not chemical free as they try to sell you. I would rather pay my local pool route guy to add chemicals and sweep the pool.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Chemless/internet/Go-Chemless-gochemlesscom-Very-technical-for-something-that-doesnt-work-Internet-827158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Chemless

My 2 cents on Go Chemless

AUTHOR: Russell - ()

I have owned the product since November 2012.  i live in south Florida and everything was fine during the winter months, but once late spring, rains and summer came my pool has been a disaster.  Summer is almost over and have yet to spend in time in the pool.  Looks disgusting and trying to get some help from their so call service company is a complete joke.

numerous promises of someone coming out to assist has never transpired and I should have known it truly was too good to be true.  Ready to turn off the POS and go back to the old ways of keeping your pool swimable

At least that is reliable in maintaining a clean pool.  Trying to save what summer we have left

feel I'm entitled to get my money back, but realistic about that happening

If your thinking about purchasing one, don't do it!!

Very Familiar with this product and company

AUTHOR: Gene King - ()

I'm  VERY familiar with this company and this device in particular.

I've had mostly good experiences with it.  I had occassion to talk to one of their technicians and he gave me some help that I will share.

The defib code AABABBBABAABAAB can be used to override a lock-out and allow you enter administration mode.

Once there, you can change all the parameters of the unit that you like.

After I got this code, I was able to change a number of my parameters to my liking.

**Gene

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

My door is open.

AUTHOR: Michael Self - (United States of America)

Mr. Rucker:

You may call me, any time at 954-607-4314 and I will personally assist you with any issues you may have.

I don't know who this "Richard" is that you speak of.  Go Chemless prides itself on client satisfaction.  We will not tolerate unauthorized representatives purveying our products or representing our company.

I'm happy to discuss this with you on the phone or in person at any time, 7 days a week.

Cheers,
Mike.

Hate to say it

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

but right on their front page it says you will have to add chemicals:

"Go Chemless has developed the worlds first and only intelligent Bio Sanitizer (model 138MS) for swimming pools. The Go Chemless 138MS is a revolutionary device that uses green technology and modern computing power to keep your pool virus, fungus, bacteria and algae free WITHOUT all the harmful chemicals. The Go Chemless Bio Sanitizer reduces the amount chemicals required to care for your swimming pool by 90-95%."

And:

"Q: Go forwarding; do I need to add any chemicals to my pool?

A: You only need to add one (1) 7-day three inch Chlorine puck to your floating dispenser every 2 weeks. This amount is Chlorine is very minor, as  it only aids in the electrolysis process. Water by nature is not a really good conductor; it needs a boost to be more conductive. The Chlorine adds that boost to the water and  assists the electrolysis process in producing ions. To give you an example on how miniscule the amount is; if you were only using Chlorine pucks to chlorinate your swimming pool, on average you would use 10-14 pucks per month for your pool. Using the Bio Sanitizer, you only need to use 1-2 pucks per month, that is a 90-95% reduction of exposure to cancer causing Oragano-Chlorine Agents. "

So if you were expecting it to work with no chlorine, you bought the wrong product.

The only thing fictitious is your Go Chemless Pool Sanitizer!!!

AUTHOR: Tom Rucker - (United States of America)

Hi Micheal Self,

Great to know that you are the founder of the Go Chemless pool sanitizer along with Dr. Russell Betts. You guys created a product that obviously wasn't put through any testing and made my pool worse off than it was. I feel like I am your partner because you are using my hard earned money to develop a product that doesn't work. I have been in business myself and I would not treat my customers like your company has. Hire knowledgeable people that know your product or better yet invent a new product that works. You will now hear from my lawyers for the damages you unit has caused my pool.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THE OWNER RESPONDS....

AUTHOR: Michael Self - (United States of America)

My name is Michael Self, I am the owner and founder of Go Chemless.  I am the inventor of the unit and, along with Dr. Russell Betts, PhD in Organic Chemistry, we created this company and the products it sells.

This fictitious "report" was filed by a disgruntled former partner in the business.   Out of respect, I shall not name him in this rebuttal.  Nor shall I engage in any tit-for-tat on his statements.

A.P., if you have a problem, my door is open to talk to you about it and has been since you abandoned this project last summer.

Sincerely,