Complaint Review: Go Daddy Godaddy , godaddy.com

• Updated: Wed, January 06, 2010

• Reported By: k04sk — huntington Beach California USA
Go Daddy Godaddy , godaddy.com

Go Daddy Godaddy , godaddy.com scam Internet

I will try to keep this short and sweet. I am very dissatisfied with Godaddy. They are an unprofessional company and are very dishonest. I am a concept artist working in the video game industry and I recently lost my website like many others.

As an entertainment artist my website is extremely important for it is how I showcase my portfolio. I bought a domain through blogger for 10.00$ which was hosted through Godaddy. I signed up to have them bill me yearly for my website. I got my website in late October of 2008 . October 2009 rolls around , I go to my website only to find that it is down. I call Godaddy to ask them what happened. They tell me someone has bought my domain name.

I asked them how come I wasn't informed of my site being down, and they simply explained to me that it wasn't their responsibility, even though I had made arrangements to be automatically billed. Even if I wasn't you would think they would have the common courtesy to send me an email. However

So my domain name was www.kalenart.com ( My name is Kalen and I do art . Simple enough)

Turns out within 3 days of the site being down, a random guy named Naruemon Boyce who lives in the UK bought it. I have tried tracking him down but its like he doesn't exist. Big surprise right. He has nothing to do with art yet this so called person buys my domain name. I know for a fact he is not an artist of any kind. I send him numerous emails, and he never replies.

Godaddy claims they can magically somehow get a hold of him for me but it will cost me about 80 dollars! to negotiate the buy back of my website. I have lost tons of business because of this incident and Godaddy offers no help, unless I pay them 7 times the amount that I paid for the website originally. I finally decide to do some research and find out I am not the only one. This same exact scam has happened to hundreds of other people.

Its clockwork to them. Client buys a domain name, don't inform the client when their website is down for whatever reason it may be, random guy across the country buys it up, person literally doesn't exist, GoDaddy offers to get it back for a heavy fee plus commission.

I am not sure how you guys run your business but it is dishonest and shameful. Hundreds of artist graduate from art schools  every semester all around the U.S. and it is required to have a website in order to graduate. I tell all graduating artist I mentor never to use Godaddy! And I will continue to unless their methods change , or I get my website back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 01:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddy-Godaddy-godaddycom/internet/Go-Daddy-Godaddy-godaddycom-scam-Internet-550043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy Godaddy , godaddy.com