Complaint Review: Go Daddy Software GoDaddy.com

• Submitted: Wed, December 19, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, April 04, 2006

• Reported By:CHicago IL
Go Daddy Software GoDaddy.com
14455 North Hayden Road Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

GoDaddy.com ripoff scams $8.95 for domain registration on Internet *REBUTTAL ..Not Affiliated *UPDATE ..e-mails reveal their true feelings about these scams

*Consumer Comment: you can't switch registrar at the last minute

*Consumer Comment: GoDaddy is OK

*Consumer Comment: Good service from Godaddy.com

*Consumer Comment: Wow, First off, Michael, it sounds like you know your way around a computer.

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: wally I THINK YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THIS

*Consumer Comment: Do we need this??

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: GODADDY AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY CAN ALL GOTO HELL AND BURN

*Consumer Comment: Apply some logic please!!

*Consumer Comment: GoDaddy knowingly Allows Fraudulent sites to operate

*Consumer Comment: Go Daddy is very Reliable and Well Respected

*Consumer Comment: GO DADDY.COM IS'NT A BAD COMPANY!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Curious, No problems here, who is Brad Kline?

*Consumer Comment: Suggested Resolution of Problem

*Consumer Comment: Godaddy - Shame! ..your apathetic attitude has me seriously considering pulling my registration from your site

*0: Rip-off Report received several e-mails that reveal their true feelings about these scams. This company sent us the following:

*UPDATE Employee: Not Affiliated

*0: absolutely no problems..

Well, to make a long story short, my internet domain name was expiring in about a month and I needed to renew, so I looked for alternative ways to save money registering it. I found a service called godaddy.com that claimed to renew for $8.95. Guess what? Our web business shut down for a week due to Godaddy's failure to register our domain name. I don't know what they did with the money or my request, but I know they were rude and very unhelpful. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! I had to claim this as an unauthorized charge to my credit card to get reimbursed. Stay away from godaddy.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddy-Software-GoDaddycom/Scottsdale-Arizona-85620/GoDaddycom-ripoff-scams-895-for-domain-registration-on-Internet-REBUTTAL-Not-Affilia-9634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy Software GoDaddy.com

you can't switch registrar at the last minute

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

To switch your registrar, you need to do so with at least several months of lead time. I switched domains to Godaddy from two different registrars at different times, and I know that I read the minimum lead time in Godaddy's terms, though I would have to go through their site to find it again at this point. Both changes went smoothly. They also snapped up another domain for me when it expired.

Godaddy doesn't know how long the current registrar is going to hang onto your account. And that is what the real time factor is. If you don't go through the steps with the originial registrar to release the account, Godaddy will NEVER get it. If the current registrar hangs onto your account for whatever reason for whatever amount of time, is that Godaddy's fault?

GoDaddy is OK

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

As a person who has used several different REGISTRAR's, including NETWORK SOLUTIONS when they were the only game in town. I have found GoDaddy.com to do what they are supposed to do and nothing else. And they do it for a very cheap price. What they are supposed to do is REGISTER you 2nd Level Domain Name in the ROOT SERVERS. (The 1st Level is the .COM, .NET etc) What I have found from working with several "INTERNET SAVVY" type people is that they dont really know what they are getting. They think they are supposed to get a whole lot more, like webhosting, unlimited disk space and such. Also they will look at you kinda funny when you ask them what their DNS servers are (Another thing the REGISTRAR doesnt provide) While they may be better at HTML editing and such than I am, I know what all these things are and how to set them up.

Overall, GoDaddy is a CHEAP basic REGISTRAR. I personally dont like their hosting as I think it doesnt offer enough bells & whistles as compared to others. But as far as DOMAIN REGISTRATION, I use them because of their PRICE & it works. You can pay more to other registrars & they may hold your hand more & help you with what you dont know or understand, you will PAY FOR IT.

Good service from Godaddy.com

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

In the beginning we had a different service and Paid about 75 dollars for domain registration. Then along came Godaddy.com and some other companies. Being the entrepreneur that they are and using this wonderful capitalistic system they were able to cut prices to a fraction of Network solutions price.

Wally what do you mean by handle things like men. Some people consider handling things like men means get into physical altercation. To me it means negotiate and if that doesn't work, use the legal system.

In a physical altercation things are not usually equal. In most instances one person is bigger, stronger, younger and/or in better health than the other. In my opinion and in the opinion or the courts The person with the disadvantage may compensate in order to keep the carp form being knocked out of himself. If you are not able to compensate in the land of OZ., to bad for you. People who legally carry gun's in the U.S. are not pansies. We are simply smart enough to realize that without equalization we will probably get the crap kicked out of us, also if you look at the data of people who legally defend themselves with a gun abuse of that privilege is negligible. Were I live the responce time of law enforcement is 20 minutes. In that amount of time the victim will most likely be dead. I my case the perpatrator will be dead.

John

Florida

Wow, First off, Michael, it sounds like you know your way around a computer.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You're able to at least try to register a domain name and put up an e-commerce site as well as apparantly do some marketing, despite what may have happened with GoDaddy.com. That said, may I make a suggestion;

First, find the "Caps Lock" key, and tap it. Really annoying to see everything in all caps. You might as well cut and paste a letter together from magazine pages and newspapers.

Second, all things considered you should make sure this guy Bob (whether or not he's an actual employee of GoDaddy.com or not) lives a long, healthy, fruitful life. If he so much as scratches his finger after the threats you've posted here, you're going to be someone's b*tch in the big house in no time. There's a reason they call it "The Pokey."

Now, a comment to RipOffReport.com; I've got a lot of respect for you and your site, and for what you do here. I've bought your books, used your information, been glad you're around. But really, I think you need to filter some of these responses a little better. And I mean both as they come from your users, and the ones you sent to GoDaddy. I'd have been a lot more impressed if you'd been able to keep it on a personal level while this "Bob" guy, whoever he is, lost it. Just a suggestion, from a fan.

Thanks!

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

wally I THINK YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THIS

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

"After Rip Off Report reviewed the posting below, we decided the language of the posting could be interpreted to threaten or solicit violence against the owner of GODADDY.COM. Rip Off Report is absolutely, categorically, without exception opposed to threats of violence or violence against the owner of GODADDY.COM. The unique circumstances justify redaction."

Do we need this??

AUTHOR: Wally - (Australia)

Michael, given your threats above and on other godaddy.com postings I would think that you need to take some deep breaths and look at the rationale behind your postings. If I was Godaddy or any other business and you talked to me like that I would pull your site as well. Civility costs nothing and I am very disappointed that Ed published your threats. If you were a resident of my country you would be cooling your heels in the lockup by now.

Given the worst scenario what did your disagreement with godaddy cost you? 50 bucks? 100 bucks? - Enough to threaten someones life, I think not. Thank goodness people are unable to own or carry guns in OZ. We like to think we are able to settle our differences like men not pansies that hide behind a firearm.

My opinion of Godaddy has not changed since my last posting. They have been nothing but professional in my dealings with them and I continue to use them as my dot com registrar of choice.

Chill out Michael and if your losses are hurting you so much let me know how much and I will pay you myself. - A human life in exchange for a domain name - what have we, as a society, degenerated to? Very sad!!!

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

GODADDY AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY CAN ALL GOTO HELL AND BURN

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Apply some logic please!!

AUTHOR: Wally - (Australia)

Firstly I have an Australian business and have used godaddy.com as my dot com registrar of choice for over four years. I have registered more than 500 domains through them and have found their service and support to be second to none. Geographically I am in an ideal situation to be ripped off but it hasn't happened and nor will it.

Now to the logic. As an adjunct to my business I owned an IT training school and one (or more) of my competitors lodged a complaint with Microsoft stating that I was using unlicenced MS software. Did MS "pull the plug" on my business and my MS partneship agreement? No! We went thru due process and I provided copies of all of my licencing and that was the end of the matter. An inconvenience caused by malicous intent.

No doubt the same thing happens with godaddy.com. Competitors complain about a website and what are they supposed to do? Given the millions of domains that are registered through them they would have to have a huge team of investigators checking all of their domains. Given todays litiguous society if they "pulled" a domain simply on a complaint from a person or persons they would have their backsides sued off by the wronged owner of the site that was pulled. Surely in your country as well as mine everyone is innocent until proven guilty? Would you really want our registrars to be judge, jury and executioner? I wouldn't! My opinion is that godaddy.com is a reputable, respectable company who is "damned if they do and damned if they don't" Think about it.

GoDaddy knowingly Allows Fraudulent sites to operate

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Here is a copy of their Terms of use for Unlawful conduct (not in its entirity):

5. NO UNLAWFUL CONDUCT OR IMPROPER USE.

As a condition of Your use of Go Daddy 's Software and Services, You agree not to use them for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions, and You agree to comply with any applicable local, state, federal and international laws, government rules or requirements. You agree You will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid to Go Daddy if, for any reason, Go Daddy takes corrective action with respect to Your improper or illegal use of its Services.

...

Go Daddy reserves the right to terminate Services if Your usage of the Services results in, or is the subject of, legal action or threatened legal action, against Go Daddy or any of its affiliates or partners, without consideration for whether such legal action or threatened legal action is eventually determined to be with or without merit. Go Daddy may review every account for excessive space and bandwidth utilization and to terminate or apply additional fees to those accounts that exceed allowed levels.

...

>>My input

Go Daddy is not a reputable company like many here have stated. GoDaddy allows Scam websites that are registered through goDaddy to continue to operate even though multiple complaints have been filed against certain websites. To knowingly allow someone that is registered through your service to continue to take money and send out no products in return as well as selling items that are not officially licensed is hardly reputable.

Numerous emails to godaddy.com have also been ignored, I think this speaks volumes about the integrity of godaddy in that they are willing to take any money they can get their hands on without regard to what their customers might be doing to others in regard to fraudulent activities. They are not enforcing their own terms of service and I will continue to voice my opinion on godaddy and certain customers of theirs until my issue is resolved.

Go Daddy is very Reliable and Well Respected

AUTHOR: Allen - (U.S.A.)

Go Daddy is one of the top reliable and proffesional company around. I have used them for 3 years now and have numerous domains with them ....they are very well respected. Please verify your sources when placing blame. thanks

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

I have used GO DADDY.com for SEVERAL DOMAIN NAMES and i have had no problems with them. IN FACT THEY ARE VERY HELPFULL. I THINK THE FIRST COMPLAINT WAS OVER BOARD.

I am sure there are millions of people that use them and only a small percent (LITTLE TO NONE) who could find a reason to complain. I TELL EVERYONE ABOUT GO DADDY.COM AND I WILL USE THEM FOR A LONG LONG TIME. THEY ARE A GREAT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Curious, No problems here, who is Brad Kline?

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I use GoDaddy for my web domain and have never had any problems. All of the contact I have had with them has been very professional and very helpful.I think however that the Rip-Off reporter may want to verify who this Brad Kline character is. The founder and president of GoDaddy is Bob Parsons. I have no idea who this Kline character is but I am willing to bet he is not affiliated with this company.

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

GoDaddy will charge on your credit card with out your authorization. They did it to me and I had to call Bank and send a letter of an unauthorized charge by GoDaddy! Don't give these people your credit card number. I tryed to talk to thier customer service but to no gain.

Suggested Resolution of Problem

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

It appears that the "Editor" doesn't understand the issue. Maybe he will understand it through an analogy. My company sells widgets. We sell alot of widgets to alot of customers and have done so for years. If one of our thousands of customers resells one of our millions of widgets and doesn't provide good customer service would you suggest that we stop selling widgets? Or should we attempt to monitor our thousands of customers in how they sell our millions of widgets? Should we recall the one widget from the one customer that has not provided good customer service and force him to return it? Impossible!

I think the "editor" is way off base, but offer this solution since the "problem" has obviously become a personal issue. Why don't you two put on some boxing gloves and settle it like men instead of attacking each other with the coward's pen.

By the way, I have several domain names registered with GoDaddy and one hosted there. Never had a problem and tech support has been responsive.

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

I also have a domain registered with Godaddy and have had no problems as a previous post indicated (I also have not had to contact customer service), HOWEVER, Mr. Kline's response to the Editor's concerns was unacceptable.

Mr. Kline obviously believes we, as customers, are here to fill his pockets and serve his best interest, NOT the other way around as it should be.

I'll tell you what Brad, your apathetic attitude has me seriously considering pulling my registration from your site and going with one that respects customers and treats them like they should be treated by a vendor.

#22 0

To: president@godaddy.com

Cc: info@phoenix.bbb.org

Subject: ADV-ONLINE.NET & godaddy.com scam

Dear Brad,

Thank you for bringing the error to my attention. The correct link for the subject scam is as follows:

We will remain engaged in this matter because this has been reported to various agencies, including yourselves without results. We are especially concerned because of the growing number of disreputable businesses you represent.

We have previously brought to your attention the problem with welcomehome2002.com and renewing of a domain name, to which you have not responded.

In particular, we need more information on how to contact adv-online.net and welcomehome2002.com

If you are sincere about taking care of the concern of these victims you will work with us.

Very Sincerely,

To: FrankTorelli@ripoffreport.com

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 4:59 PM

Subject: RE: ADV-ONLINE.NET & godaddy.com scam

Hi Frank,

I have made a rebuttal to both of the (unfair) complaints and frankly I think your company should be ashamed for allowing these to remain on your site. You know as well as I do that Go Daddy has nothing to do with this, why would you call me?

I think I understand how you work, take the money from the people who are complaining then bother companies (unfairly) to make them pay, and do you know what they call that? Extortion!!

These complaints are completely bogus, it's like blaming AT&T for getting a prank call, get it, Frank?

DO NOT CONTACT ME ANYMORE, FRANK. YOUR NOONE I'D EVER WANT TO WORK WITH.

Brad Kline.

WHY DID YOU INCLUDE THE BBB? Never mind, don't answer that.

-------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----

From: Frank Torelli

To: President@GoDaddy.com

Cc: info@phoenix.bbb.org

Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 5:36 PM

Subject: Re: ADV-ONLINE.NET & godaddy.com scam

You arrogant SOB. You don't work WITH me... you work FOR me. You are my servant. I will continue to contact you as long as you continue to be a vehicle of rip-offs. That's my job. Take some responsibility for the shameless companies you represent. You obviously don't care what people do with the service you provide as long as you get your filthy lucre.

I have had enough of your brand of amoral commerce. We see time and time again how people like you are going down... legally. Once you are notified of abuse, you must take action and that is why we told you. Don't try to pretend you don't know you enable these people who are doing this.

Extremely,

Frank Torelli

Rip-off Report.com

Investigative Reporter

Amhearst, Massachusetts

"Not Affiliated?" ..my @$$

This individual provides an answer from the Office of the President of Go Daddy Software. They are very hostile to this process and accuse us of extortion, which is ironic, because they are members of the Better Business Bureau, which actively charges a fee to companies to keep their record clean for unsuspecting victims. Check it out, call the Phoenix BBB. Ask about Go Daddy... how can they have a clean record when we have personally reported them?

------------------------------------------

I am taking my time to make a rebuttal to inform all of the people that may view this site that Go Daddy Software is a registrar (an ICANN accredited company who sells domain names [e.g. nike.com]) who has NO affiliation with ADV-ONLINE.NET or WELCOMEHOME2002.COM the domain names are merely registered with Go Daddy.

I believe the person who has made this complaint, coupled Go Daddy with this company unfairly and without taking the time to learn the facts of how this industry works. I will make no apologies as Go Daddy has done nothing wrong.

The frustration of this person is eminent, but, I believe it's a good lesson to everyone reading this--KNOW WHO YOUR GIVING YOUR MONEY TO. Contact them, ask for credentials anything....Don't be so lazy and naive and start waving your credit card around then blame whomever you please because you have been taken!!!

#27 0

absolutely no problems..

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: pelemissk@hotmail.com

Their name: Pele

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:

I've used godaddy.com for over a year now and family has used them as well with absolutely no problems. Granted, I haven't had to contact them for anything so I can't speak for their customer service, but I can say that my and my family's domain names were resolving to their servers almost immediately.

nights