Complaint Review: Go Daddy - godaddy.com - Wild West Domains

• Updated: Mon, November 23, 2009

• Reported By: ericvan — Fort Wayne Internet United States of America
Go Daddy - godaddy.com - Wild West Domains
Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Go Daddy - godaddy.com - Wild West Domains Go Daddy .com Godaddy.com Took my domain after typing it in Scottsdale, Arizona

Two weeks ago, I was looking at a domain name. I typed it in and nothing came up except a verizon notice that the page doesn't exist. I checked both google and yahoo and still nothing. I get the bright idea that maybe I check godaddy.com to check and see how much it is. Of course, the website domain is unlisted and it is available for a couple bucks. Whatever... I'll confirm we like the name and then do it later. Well..... NOW the stupid thing (the domain address) has a godaddy.com redirect on it and the website announces that its backordered and maybe we can get it for $18.99 for the year. WTH??? Do not type in your domain to even CHECK godaddy.com availability. They will register it out from under you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddy-godaddycom-Wild-West-Domains/Scottsdale-Arizona-/Go-Daddy-godaddycom-Wild-West-Domains-Go-Daddy-com-Godaddycom-Took-my-domain-after-527715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy - godaddy.com - Wild West Domains