Complaint Review

Address:
www.GoDaddy.com Internet United States of America Phone:

Category:
Internet Service Providers

Go Daddy - godaddy.com - Wild West Domains GoDaddy collects for Domain Registration, then uses your order to prompt owner to renew-- KEEPING YOUR MONEY, TOO!! Internet

When I registered my domain name, I purchased all domain tiers EXCEPT .com-- which I discovered was registered, but unused.  I have waited two years for the registration to expire-- and when it did, I contacted GoDaddy to purchase it.

They charged me $18-- and then told me that the domain couldn't be transferred for another 20 days.

Today they sent me a notice claiming that the ORIGINAL OWNER HAD DECIDED TO RENEW-- AFTER DOING NOTHING WITH IT FOR 2 YEARS!!

Worse still, a WhoIs search quickly proved that it WASN'T the original owner (from the East Coast of the U.S.) who registered the domain name I had reserved-- BUT SOME COMPANY IN AUSTRALIA!!

And now GODADDY REFUSES TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK-- telling me that I had paid for nothing more than THE RIGHT TO BID ON IT-- instead, they advised me to pick ANOTHER address to apply it toward!!!

I was among their FIRST HALF-MILLION customers, and now they have over 21 MILLION-- and GODADDY HAS BECOME LITTLE MORE THAN A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE IN THE DECADE SINCE I BEGAN DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2009 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddy-godaddycom-Wild-West-Domains/internet/Go-Daddy-godaddycom-Wild-West-Domains-GoDaddy-collects-for-Domain-Registration-then-481358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy - godaddy.com - Wild West Domains

MORE FEATURED REPORTS