Complaint Review: Go Daddy

• Reported By: Joseph — Rosewell Georgia
Go Daddy
Go Daddy Operating Company, LLC Internet USA

Go Daddy Go Daddy Domain Repoff Arizona

*Author of original report: respond

*Consumer Comment: First-come, first-served

*Author of original report: Correction

I recently have been search for domain availability through Go daddy, any time i search the good domain was not available through go daddy auction. At first I did not think about too much until tonight I was search domain through Yahoo and two of the name came unavailable then out of curiosity i check them through go daddy a second later and it was only available through auction for a hefty price. Right away I went back to yahoo and it was not available then. I called go daddy and brought it to their attention and rep, replayed "go buy it through yahoo" He was very rude too. Go daddy grabbed many of my domain names that I search through their site. This company is absolutely doing illegal activity and something needs to be done about it. I will be part of the class action suit if ever it come about.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 11:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddy/internet/Go-Daddy-Go-Daddy-Domain-Repoff-Arizona-1049788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy

respond

AUTHOR: Joseph - ()

I agree with all of your respond except this one, "It isn't illegal to purchase something that someone else has an interest in purchasing. First-come, first-served" How can I control the Go daddy's software system when it by pass my search in a matter of second?

First-come, first-served

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"go daddy stole them from me"

You must own or have possession of a product (or service) before it can be stolen from you; therefore, it was not stolen from you.

"Go daddy grabbed many of my domain names that I searched through their site."

You can search for available domains through another site such as internic.net.

"This company is absolutely doing illegal activity"

It isn't illegal to purchase something that someone else has an interest in purchasing. First-come, first-served.

Correction

AUTHOR: Joseph - ()

I recently have been searching for domain availability through Go daddy, any time I searched a good domain it only was available through go daddy auction!. At first I did not think about it too much until tonight when I was searching for domain through Yahoo, two of the name came up available then out of curiosity I check them through go daddy a second later and it was only available through auction for a hefty price. Right away I went back to yahoo and it was no longer available because go daddy stole them from me. I called go daddy and brought it to their attention and rep, replayed "go buy it through yahoo" He was very rude too. Go daddy grabbed many of my domain names that I searched through their site. This company is absolutely doing illegal activity and something needs to be done about it. I will be part of the class action suit if ever it comes about.