Complaint Review: Go Daddy

• Updated: Wed, July 06, 2011

• Reported By: Liz — Ware Massachusetts United States of America
Go Daddy

Go Daddy, Internet Services, Domain Services, Internet

In 2009 I signed up for two years of ownership of two domain names from Go Daddy.  their prices were very good.

I never used the names, and never set up any websites using them.

This spring, I was contacted by Go Daddy to renew them.  I at one time contacted then to find out how much it would be, but it was too expensive and I could get them cheaper other places, so I emailed them and told them that I would not be renewing.

The credit card that I had used to sign up in 2009 I no longer have, it was stolen and Capital One closed the account.

Well, Go Daddy renews them and charges me $46.48 without my ok and Capital One allows it to be posted to my current account!

When I contacted Go Daddy, they stated that they will NOT credit me back the money, because (As Aaron stated)  they sent me an email that they were going to renew it, that meant I agreed to the automatic renewal!  How absurd!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddy/internet/Go-Daddy-Internet-Services-Domain-Services-Internet-749726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy