Complaint Review: Go Daddy

• Updated: Wed, February 29, 2012

• Reported By: D P — Brooklyn Park Minnesota United States of America
Go Daddy

Go Daddy (cheap-domains.com) Beware, best avoided. Internet

I would highly recommend anyone considering cheap domains or godaddy as a web host or hosted exchange provider to keep looking.  After about a month, we sent out our 2700 database email campaign for the third time.  I started getting calls from customers and vendors asking why I wasn't responding to their email inquiries.  I wasn't receiving any, plain and simple.  I filled out no less than five support tickets letting these people know that my business was at a stand still due to this problem due to the fact that the majority of our business comes via emails.

My first response was nothing on their end, must be my problem.  The next four were completely ignored with zero help or assistance offered.  We then moved our business and all but one of our domain names to a more reputable provider that I had worked with in the past.  They have zero of these same issues and when I have contacted them on other issues, they immediately offer assistance.  go daddy didn't try to contact me until they saw I was transferring everything.  Then of course, they wanted to know why we were leaving.

They of course locked one of my names so I couldn't completely leave their company because they said I updated my contact info.  Every bit of the contact info they have except for my email address is sorely outdated so I didn't update anything.  Just typical "business" from these crooks.  Google "beware" or "trouble" with go daddy and you will see a multitude of people experiencing these same problems and poor customer service with them going back to at least 2003 according to my research.   Trust me, save your money and look to a more reputable company or you will see the day that you regret it more than likely.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2012 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddy/internet/Go-Daddy-cheap-domainscom-Beware-best-avoided-Internet-846519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy