Complaint Review: Go Daddy.com

• Updated: Sun, August 26, 2012

• Reported By: dineshine — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
Go Daddy.com

Go Daddy.com Domain Name Renewal SCAM , Internet

*Consumer Comment: so where does the fool go ?

My first domain was up for renewal, i called in to renew - credit card on file expired. Wanted last four of expired card, was not able to provide had long discontinued card us and destroyed. Would not help me further. My domain expired. Was told I had to wait for it to go to auction to retrieve. Frustrated!!! Second domain was up for renewal in the following month. Called in to renew, this rep was helpful pushed the process through, did not ask any questions other than to ask the name domain name. Then he renewed for me, said $162 will post to your account. $162 i asked - what is included in that cost, just the renewal he said, for 10 years. I said i was calling to renew for an additional year. Said, too late we cannot cancel transaction already went through. I asked to speak to someone else, sorry no one can help you. So i need to cancel completely and lose my domain name I asked. He said yes. I canceled. Needless, to say I was disappointed but not for long. Time to find a new hosting company and say good bye to bad service. If you decide to use Go Daddy.com after reading this you are a fool.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Daddycom/internet/Go-Daddycom-Domain-Name-Renewal-SCAM-Internet-928257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Daddy.com

so where does the fool go ?

AUTHOR: dave - (United States of America)

until icann and verisign start doing their job, the whole domain situation is a nightmare no matter where you go. registrars and their resellers give you no rights in their terms and conditions and do whatever they feel like with your property. its a terrible situation.