Complaint Review: Go Smart Mobile

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: ann in Broward — Broward Florida
Go Smart Mobile
1861 N FEDERAL HWY Internet United States of America

Go Smart Mobile GoSmart. GoSmart Mobile prepaid cell phone plans,gosmartmobile.com GoSmart Mobile prepaid cell phone plans Internet

*Consumer Comment: AVOID THIS COMPANY

*Consumer Comment: Great for texting and that is it.

*Consumer Comment: Excellent Experience

Go Smart Mobile is a rip off.

I went in to transfer my service to Gosmart mobile and the turn on a new number out-of-area!!
-------------------
After they turn-on the wrong telephone number. They refuse to refund me 70.00
35.00 for the simcard (retails on their website at  $8.00) and  35.00 service.

I called GoSmart Customer Service and they told me to go back to the store. The store said no.
which left me with a useless service.  To fixed the problem, I have to pay out my pocket another 70.00(at a different location)  to get services.  This error closed off all communication from my old telephone line!A complete Nightmare.

Do not use them. There are many other service (flat monthly charge) out there.

• Go Smart Mobile- Difficult to pay

• Go Smart Mobile- Hard to find location

• Go Smart Mobile- Nothing is every their fault

• Go Smart Mobile- untrained and ghetto employees

--------------------
Go Smart Mobile service sucks. [continued below]....
..... No towers, drop calls crappy company.

I filed a complaint with the FCC. The FCC told them to resolve this issue with me.
The head office of Gosmart call me (b .  A real -jackass.After accuse me of lying I proved I was not at fault.  I told him I am very familiar off my rights as a consumer and not to lie to me. He said he still cannot return my money. I ask him why did he call me. He said only because the government told him to reach out to me.
And he could not refund my money because I use the phone service - to call Go Smart Mobile Customer line -  UNBELIEVABLE

Please dont do this to yourself!!!go somewhere else and let Go Smart Mobile go away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-Smart-Mobile/internet/Go-Smart-Mobile-GoSmart-GoSmart-Mobile-prepaid-cell-phone-plansgosmartmobilecom-GoSmart-1039087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go Smart Mobile

AVOID THIS COMPANY

AUTHOR: Curry - ()

The absolute WORST customer service EVER! I have never had so much difficulty dealing with a company...in all my 33 years. If this is the way T-Mobile (GoSmart's parent company) is now doing business, we are more than willing to pay more money for AT&T.

If you want to keep your number (port your number over to them), GOOD LUCK! They've basically locked our number in limbo-- they can't release/cancel it, nor can they activate it. We have been working on it for WEEKS... absolutely deplorable customer service!

AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Great for texting and that is it.

AUTHOR: MrAnderson411 - ()

I've had this service for 2 months on an iPhone 3GS and I plan on canceling it after this month. The texting is the only thing that works and that's if you can find signal. I'm in central Los Angeles and I have issues here constantly. The data is poor at "3G" speeds and often results in errors while browsing. I don't even bother calling people as it drops calls left and right, and I can't even send out a call when I need it to. I work in entertainment and having a phone that doesn't drop calls and has constant signal is VERY important to me. This service is good for you if you rarely use a phone and don't want to spend more than $35 on a monthly bil....but you're paying for a useless service other than texting.

I hate being stuck with AT&T but I don't want to lose my unlimited data with them either

It's sad how these companies hold us by the balls

Excellent Experience

AUTHOR: giorgio - ()

After many years and thousands of dollars spent with the Big 3 Contract Cell Phones providers I finally entered the Pre-Paid world with GoSmart Mobile. I can not describe with words the change.

So far it can't be better! Contrary to the original poster I did not go to any dealer (why should I need a 3rd party if I am trying to stay away from rippoffs?) I ordered the SIM cards online and they arrived as promised. After unlocking my smart phones (2) with the contract provider (contracts had run out) and call GoSmart and they answered in less than a minute, set me up for my new accounts and in less than an hour and was sliding in the Gosmart SIM cards on the phones.

The services wroks flawlessly for everything, voice, text and web. The complaint I hear is that web is 2G, well it works as good as 3G or even 4G for regular e-mails and light browsing and at the end I barely use web over the network since there is free WiFi pretty much everywhere I go these days. Why should I pay the big companies an expensive data plan that I seldom use?

For $35 a month ($37.45 after taxes) unlimited everything I take Gosmart over any other provider in the blink of an eye, at the end if one day they let me down I AM NOT TIED NO A CONTRACT so I can walk out at any time.