Complaint Review: Go with Jo Tours

• Reported By: Juanita — Mercedes Texas United States of America
Go with Jo Tours
910 Dixieland Rd. Harlingen, Texas United States of America

Go with Jo Tours Stranded by tour bus Harlingen, Texas

*Author of original report: Issue resolved

I purchased a tour to the City of Hidalgo Light show.  I was told the pick up time was 4:30 at Best Western (Weslaco, TX) at 4:30 and return time from site was 9:30 PM.  The tour included a trolley ride to see a light show.  There were numerous problems with the old and non-working trolleys at the site.  I finally got on a third trolley after waiting for the first two.  When I returned the tour bus was gone.  I had become ill and went to bus at about 8:30 PM but the bus was gone.  I called my friend to locate the tour people but the owner of the tour company refused to send anyone for me; she told my friend to pick me up but my friend did not know where I was.  I waited untill 11:00 PM for my friend to finally find me.   I filed a BBB complaint but the tour owner has refused to issue a refund over the fact that I was left stranded and that my safety was compromised; she has refused to respond in any serious manner to the BBB complaint filed on Dec. 12, 2011.

After finding out that I was not on the bus, the tour staff did not wait an hour, 45 minutes, or even 30 minutes.   This tour company caters to white northern state tourists and tourists from Canada.  I believe that if I had been a white person, they would have waited for me and believe that because of my nationality I was left stranded with no way to get home and that the tour company would have sent someone if I had been white.   I was not told by the tour company that they did not sell tour packages to only white; if they had, I would not have purchased the said tour.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Go-with-Jo-Tours/Harlingen-Texas-78552/Go-with-Jo-Tours-Stranded-by-tour-bus-Harlingen-Texas-815310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Go with Jo Tours

Issue resolved

AUTHOR: Juanita - (United States of America)

The tour company has resolved the issue by indicating to the BBB that it will issue a refund for this tour in which I was left stranded at Hidalgo, Tx.

Thank you.