Go-Daddy should be renamed Go-Lie!
Though $28.34 may not be a big amount, why should GoDaddy (or GoLie, as per me) get even a single cent of my hard-earned money.
I have been going through the worst experience of my life with GoLie. I have made numerous phone calls, written several mails, but GoLie continues to lie.
See below the Sequence of Events:
1) I bought a Domain THEWRITEMIGHT.COM and Hosting from GoLie in the beginning of January.
2) Since GoLie couldn't transfer all of my Wordpress blog files to GoLie-hosted-Wordpress, I decided to cancel my purchases, cancelling them on the 2nd day itself though I had 5 days to do it.
3) GoLie sent me emails where it confirmed that all my purchases had been cancelled and that I would get my refunds in two weeks' time. GoLie had also sent me Refund Receipt Numbers.
4) I came back to Wordpress.com and searched for THEWRITEMIGHT.COM since this domain had apparently been cancelled by GoLie. But every time I tried to create/buy thewritemight.com on Wordpress, it said the domain had already been taken.
5) So I called GoLie only to check as to when thewritemight.com domain would be released so I could buy it on Wordpress. The GoLie associate very clearly told me that it would take a few days for the domain to be released. There was NO confusion whatsoever in what I had asked and what the associate had responded.
6) I tried thewritemight.com again on Wordpress after a few days, but got the same response as above. Since I was desperate to have a domain of my own, and was sure that GoLie would send me the refunds, I bought my present domain on Wordpress THEWRITEMIGHT.ME paying more than $30.
7) The refunds from GoLie came but only for the hosting, not for the domain. So I called GoLie to check on the missing refund.
8) But, call after call, mail after mail, GoLie continued to lie that I had requested/asked/instructed GoLie to restore/create/renew thewritemight.com on GoLie itself. This was a BRUTAL LIE because I HAD NEVER EVER done that.
9) GoLie associates harassed and humiliated me, and were rude to me on phone, and they continued to belt out the same lie/line that I had requested/asked/instructed GoLie to restore/create/renew thewritemight.com.
10) I CHALLENGED GoLie to listen to the tape of my conversation and see who was speaking the truth. They refused to listen to the tape, because if they did they would have to return the stolen money.
12) All of their responses to my complaints were either incomplete or inaccurate. I have NEVER used thewritemight.com on GoLie.
13) It may have become GoLie's habit to lie, and if they do that with 10 unsuspecting customers, they have already made profit. If you visit the GoDaddy Ripoff Report, you will see a lot of people with similar or worse concerns. More complaints here.
14) I plan to initiate legal action against GoLie. I know it's not a big amount, but what is at stake here is not the money but the kind of humiliation and embarrassment they chose to cause me.
15) As a deserving tribute to GoLie, I will create a Page with this information so I spread the message to one and all that they must think before they seek GoLie services, and that GoLie is a habitual stealer.
Thank you for reading this, and for your support.