Complaint Review: GoDaddy

• Submitted: Fri, April 29, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, May 01, 2011

• Reported By: Andi — cinti Ohio U.S.A.
GoDaddy
14455 North Hayden Rd. S Internet United States of America

GoDaddy blocked domain hosting nightmare Scottsdale, Internet

*Author of original report: GoDaddy Sorry

Looking for a host for your website? AVOID GoDaddy.com - RUN AWAY from GoDaddy.com if you don't want to be badgered by poor service, endless ads and countless hoops you must jump through to get minimal service (I paid for Unlimited Service). After 14 months of service my clothing oriented website suddenly didn't exist. I couldn't get into the front or back end and over two months the company told me the problem was on my end, not theirs. If you use GoDaddy as a host for your website you don't get an actual ip address, what you get is like a room in a motel where requests are forwarded to a GoDaddy location.

Unfortunately, according to Jessica at GoDaddy.com, they blocked a group of addresses for some reason and my site, JeanBank.com, was blocked too. Over two months GoDaddy steadily denied RESPONSIBILITY for the inaccessibility to my site. When I asked compensation for THEIR INEPTNESS they offered me a month's free service but then demanded I PAY A MONTH UP FRONT before they'd credit my account.

GO ELSEWHERE for your hosting IF:
YOU HATE ENDLESS SALES PITCHES - you can't just go to your C-panel at GoDaddy, you must endure countless sales pitches that go on page after page after page just to manage your files or pay your bill.
YOU HATE CONSTANTLY TIMING-OUT WHEN WORKING ONSITE
- every 10 minutes (even when you're active)  GoDaddy requires you to check a box to continue working (it can't be changed) BUT the 'do you want to continue' alert will come up on your account page even though you're probably working on a different page with files. RESULT? they cut you off without telling you and you have to go through the sign-in procedure and all of the commercial bullsh*t all over!
YOU HATE OFFSHORE HOSTING DECEPTIONS -  while trouble shooting I tracked GoDaddy's IP for my site's rented location back to BANGOR INDIA! I buy American so Americans get my $$s but was  deceived by Bob Parsons lust for money!
GO ELSEWHERE THAN GODADDY.com IT SUCKS so learn from my experiences and profit! They give you the bum's rush to see what they can sell you, not to provide you with service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GoDaddy/internet/GoDaddy-blocked-domain-hosting-nightmare-Scottsdale-Internet-723638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GoDaddy

GoDaddy Sorry

AUTHOR: Andi - (USA)

GoDaddy offered me a month's compensation if I'd pay my one day old bill first. Doubled it after I filed this RipOff Report!
Support Ticket for (((ROR REDACTED)))

Other : refund for downtime caused by GoDaddy Issue : Several times this month I have been denied access to my site - the last time for approximately 10 days. GoDaddy support, both oral and written, has consistently told me it was my problem not theirs. Today Jessica found a 'block of sites' had been blocked and mine was one of them (for no reason). Please compensate me for the downtime by crediting my account.