Complaint Review: GoDaddy

GoDaddy
www.godaddy.com Nationwide U.S.A.

GoDaddy GoDaddy Website tonight Software Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: GoDaddy Issues

I have several sites running this software and it's a gamble every time I try to work on any of them. First of all you can't work on them in the day time because their servers are too busy. They tell you this when you call to complain, yet did not mention any of this when I signed up for it.(This is the most honest report you are going to read) I still have all the sites up and running I can't afford to take them down at this time. I just spend 4 hours plus every time I have to update anything on the sites. No it is not my internet connection I'm operating at 4 megs. Some of the pages never even load. And halfway through a project it will shut down. However I still use Godaddy for all my domain hosting they have not given me any problems with those. If you are thinking of using WEBSITE tonight from Godaddy I'm warning you.

Benjamin
Miami beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GoDaddy/nationwide/GoDaddy-GoDaddy-Website-tonight-Software-Scottsdale-Arizona-388556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GoDaddy

#1 Consumer Suggestion

GoDaddy Issues

AUTHOR: D Railroad - (U.S.A.)

This is a somewhat belated response to your 2008 post below, Benjamin. We too are having issues with GoDaddy many of the same ones you and others, apparently, are experiencing plus a plethora of other problems.

Unfortunately (in hindsight) we elected to use GoDaddy's Website Tonight design application in an effort to, what we ORIGINALLY thought, save time. Pages don't load, applications "hang" requiring us to go completely out of the Website application and then re-open it, website pages display differently with EXCESSIVE and MAJOR text and element errors causing the site to look completely different from how it had been originally saved ("published"), and the list goes on.

Initially, when only complaining about the slowness and loading issues with Website Tonight, GoDaddy support tried to defer to browser and ISP issues on our end. Over the course of one year (yes, ONE year!), I finally contacted a GoDaddy support representative that acknowledged they have had ongoing issues with their servers being slow, bottle necked, etc. He recommended a dedicated IP address which I authorized the purchase of. The hangs, freezes, disconnects, unexpected time-outs, etc diminished to a more acceptable level. However, we CONTINUE to encounter issues with design flaws in the Website Tonight application, again, causing our websites' pages to display improperly.

If you Benjamin, or anyone else for that matter, has any issues with the above application (Website Tonight) we would appreciate hearing from you. Ironically, the only reason we transferred everything over to GoDaddy is because I am a Marine Vietnam Combat Veteran, the same as Bob Parsons, the man who started this company and the CEO. I personally felt as though this was an endorsement of the reliability of GoDaddy. It would appear that I may have been wrong in assuming this. It pains me, as a Vietnam Veteran to accuse a fellow "Brother" of not providing an ethical product or service but, as with you and others, we have invested invaluable man hours with GoDaddy issues and non-responsive, seemingly uncaring customer "support" representatives.

Again, if anyone has had similarly bad experiences with GoDaddy we would like to hear from you.

You can contact us through (((ROR redacted))) (or just key (((ROR redacted))) into your URL) by either using the contact page or the email address at the bottom of the "Contact Us" page.