• Report: #619262

Complaint Review: GoDaddy.Com

• Submitted: Thu, July 01, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, July 01, 2010

• Reported By: Doug — United States of America

GoDaddy.Com Don't Use Domain Parking or Buy Expired Domains from Godaddy, Internet

I had an account at Godaddy for a little over a year for primarily domain parking(ads are placed on your domains for revenue).  I was buying several expired domains for their prior links and traffic since your not allowed to advertise your domains to generate traffic.

Out of several hundred domains most of which were paying little I had a big winner that consistently was generating about $100/month.  This domain was generating this amount relatively consistently since I bought it 9 months ago.

Due to the success of this and a few other domains I figured I would reinvest my earnings into more expired domains.  Every month since then my earnings have been gradually rising as I was buying more expire domains.

Yesterday I checked my account and I noticed my monthly earnings dropped from over $275 to under $150 in one day.  Immediately I noticed my best performing domain was missing from my domain account.

I then contacted Godaddy by phone and explained the situation in which they stated that it must be an internal problem and that I would get an e-mail explaining whats going on the next day which read as follows:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Advanced Technical Support. We have received your support request and found that your domain has been removed from your Cash Parking account due to the domain being suspended. For further details of the suspension, please contact cashparking@godaddy.com. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.
Ray C.
Advanced Technical Support

Upon getting this vague e-mail I contacted customer service by phone to find out details.  They could not answer my questions so I talked to a supervisor who said that he did not know the details and I would have to e-mail domain parking customer service which I did and got the following e-mail:

During a recent review of the traffic to domains in your Cash Parking account, this domain was found to be associated with activities that causes Google, our third party ad service provider, to stop all pending and future Cash Parking Revenues for the affected domain.  As a result, the affected domain has been moved out of your Cash Parking account.  As Go Daddy will not be receiving revenue for the traffic to this domain, there will be no payments made to you for the same domains.

If problems persist and/or spread to your other domains, the entire Cash Parking account may be subject to suspension.  In order to prevent this problem from spreading to any more of your domains, please be aware of a few things. These determinations are not made based on the amount of traffic that comes to your domains.  The amount of impressions to your domain is not a determining factor by Go Daddy or Google.  It is not permitted for you or anyone you know to routinely click on your own links in the Cash Parking system.

Go Daddy Cash Parking is designed to share the revenue generated on domains based on the following types of traffic only.

1.      Accidental Traffic.  This is traffic representing mistypes, etc.

2.      Residual Traffic.  This is for domains previously associated with an actual site, or that have undergone a change of ownership.

Go Daddy Cash Parking does not allow the intentional generation of traffic to your domains.  This includes advertising.  (Please refer to our Cash Parking Service Agreement at (http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/legal_agreements/show_doc.asp?pageid=Cash_Park_SA for more information)

The decision to suspend this domain is final and not up for debate.

GoDaddy.com Abuse Department
Click Fraud Analysis

That is the e-mail I recieved and since I haven't tiuched this somain since I bought it it seems like their scamming me out of my money so I contacted the presidents office.  I spoke to Brian whom was representing the "President" since I could not speck to him directly and he told me that he could not get the information I am looking for since domain parking information is "confidential" and I would have to contact domain parking myself for the third time.

I contacted domain parking customer support and they said that an ad was on an Araibian site for my domain.  I told them it certaintly wasn't an ad that I placed there since it in Arabic and it was probably from the former domain owner I bought the expired domain from.

Now my question is this:  Why did it take 9 months to all of a sudden discover an ad that has been linking to my site all along?  My traffic has gone down by 50% since I bought it not up.  I didn't place the ad nor should I be responsible for it being linked to my domain and I certainly should not have had a whole months income $150+ deducted from my account for the current month.

Bottom Line:  They can and will suspend any and all of your domains in domain parking for any actions of the previous owners before you bought it.  It doesn't even matter that you had nothing to do with any of it.

P.S.(They are threatening to suspend ALL of my domains from cash parking for this one domain that I did nothing too.)

Thanks Godaddy I will be taking my business elsewhere!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2010 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GoDaddyCom/internet/GoDaddyCom-Dont-Use-Domain-Parking-or-Buy-Expired-Domains-from-Godaddy-Internet-619262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GoDaddy.Com