Complaint Review: GoPro

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Daniel — brooklyn New York United States of America
3000 Clearview Way Bldg E San Mateo, California United States of America

GoPro refuses to replace a broken camera that they can't tech support San Mateo, California

I bought my GoPro Hero when it came out a little over a year ago. From the start the camera was a bit buggy. I would have to constantly re-boot the device by removing the battery and memory card and powering back on through my computer.

I stopped using it for a few months. I recently wanted to use it and now it wont turn on at all. I had two different sessions with their technical support. The last one ended with "you should buy a new one and I can give you 20% off".

Stay away from this company. Awful technical support and absolutely no repair service. Will only replace with refurbished model if they replace at all. I have searched many different forums and the number one complaint is that the camera needs to be re-booted all the time and that they weasel their way out of replacing broken units.

I just want a working gopro because I paid for it but in reality I'll never use this company again.

Daniel Ayzenmesser, very pissed off cinematographer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GoPro/San-Mateo-California-94402/GoPro-refuses-to-replace-a-broken-camera-that-they-cant-tech-support-San-Mateo-Californ-1018370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GoPro