Complaint Review: Goble Law Firm

Goble Law Firm
215 Franklin Street Clarksville, Tennessee United States of America

Goble Law Firm Eric Yow Total Rip Off as an Attorney Clarksville, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: No Way

*Author of original report: Year two of law school

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Baseless allegations against a fine lawyer

I employed Mr. Yow in a divorce case.  While being medically evacuated from Afghanistan I found out my wife had been having an affair.  Furthermore the other man had been living in my house while I was gone.  My parents caught them as they were moving out but not in time to save all my stuff and they left me an empty house as well as took my daughter to Rhode Island together.  My wife had a drinking and drug problem and I had proof that the affair had been going on for some time.  I brought all of this information including a statement from my wifes own mother saying how my daughter should have stayed with me.

Mr. Yow had me pay $5000 in payments despite the fact that my ex wife had left around $28,000 in debt and taking the car.  I agreed to this because he said if there wasn't much work done on the divorce he would refund me some of it, according to the amount of hours billed.  I didnt hear back from him for months despite trying to contact him.  It took me actually going to his office to find out what the problem why he wouldnt call me back and he didnt change that.  Finally we went to court with my ex wife over custody after three months.  Not only had he given me extremely poor advice that turned the judge completely against me getting custody but he forgot half the evidence I'd given him, showed up late without preparing me at all, and then gave a performance so poor that even my ex wife felt bad for me.  My ex wife went on the stand, admitted shed had an affair, admitted shed done drugs, admitted shed left with my daughter, and still got custody due to how bad Mr. Yow did.  In the following year that it took to finalize the divorce he made no effort to serve her with paperwork or move along the process and this made me come within two weeks of losing my military retirement to her.  It took me paying her to get her attorney to finalize the information for the divorce to become complete.  Mr. Yow did such a s**+**y job that I decided to take up law.  Because if he could do it I could do it.

After completing my degree I was accepted into University of Missouri Law School and now have seen classes regarding all of the behavior that Mr. Yow exhibited that is criminal and negligent.  Were I a practicing attorney or had enough money to afford a lawsuit, some of that money would come back to me through a lawsuit since all told he did not put $5000 into that case and the agreement was for some of it to come back to me if settled, and he did negligent job of handling it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goble-Law-Firm/Clarksville-Tennessee-37040/Goble-Law-Firm-Eric-Yow-Total-Rip-Off-as-an-Attorney-Clarksville-Tennessee-975132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goble Law Firm

No Way

AUTHOR: Andrea - (USA)

I have hired Mr. Yow, and he was a top notch attorney and was extremely professional and helpful. Answered phone calls in a very timely matter. He listened to me and gave me extremely sound advice and handled my case with the upmost care and concern. I can't believe for a second that Mr. Yow had ever displayed any kind of incompetence or was nothing more than diligent and advocated for his client. I would hire him again and have even reffered people who feel the same way.

Year two of law school

AUTHOR: Lawyering - ()

Fancy that.  I am doing well in my second year of law school and have had several successful legal internships now and someone is saying my story is false.  To this day I still tell the people I meet and work with how I got into this business and they are all amazed at the royal screwing I got.  Since it is illegal for me to give legal opinions until I am certified by the bar, I can continue to give my personal opinion on my experience with Mr. Yow.  My personal opinion is I did not receive professional representation nor do I believe I got enough representation for my money.  However in one year you will be able to find out my legal opinion since I will be certified by the bar.  Hire my ex-wife's attorney.  Tim Barnes did such a great job that only now am I beginning to understand what a great attorney he is.  He is really who I have to thank for my divorce.  My divorce wrapped up by me asking my ex-wife to ask her attorney to work on things.  I couldn't get Eric to respond or file any paperwork and he had been wasting time for nearly a year which wouldn't matter unless you were in the military and the five year mark is when a spouse gets part of your retirement.  The divorce wasn't even contested for longer than three months, and after that was just waiting on him for eight more months.  Fortunately she took pity on me and had her attorney get the paperwork done in the interest of having a long term good relationship for our daughter.  Here is Tim Barnes contact info.  Definitely hire him.  She got represented for $3,000 from an experienced attorney and I paid $5,000 for an absolute s**t show.  (((REDACTED WEBSITE)))

#3 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Baseless allegations against a fine lawyer

AUTHOR: atty - ()

This report is simply not true.  I have personal, inside information about the case and know, firsthand, that the report is full of lies.  Mr. Yow is a fantastic, virtuous attorney who worked diligently for many hours on this case.  The client was a challenge to work with, but Mr. Yow worked diligently to do so, preparing with much effort for pretrial negotiation, discovery, trial, and every other element to this protracted litigation, including returning every phone call and email.  Far more work was completed than the retainer covered, but no bills were sent in addition to the retainer, in order to maintain good will with the difficult client.

At trial, the judge ruled against the client because of how the judge felt about the client and his testimony - not how Mr. Yow performed.  Mr. Yow did not "forget" evidence - some evidence is inadmissible (i.e. the statement from client's mother).  Lay people don't understand the rules of evidence.  Everyone wants to blame the lawyer when they lose.  The client lost by no fault of the attorney; that's for sure.  I cannot provide additional information to explain, on account of confidentiality.  The Court file is public record, however, and reflects the truth of the matter.

The harder truth to handle is that most judges don't care about fault in the divorce when it comes to who is the better parent to receive custody.  If a judge hears that a spouse cheated or spent too much on credit, he'll grant a divorce if the allegations amount to legal grounds for divorce.  The custody side of the litigation is a different story.  If the judge believes a parent to be a bad parent (on drugs, abusive, etc.), then the better parent will likely get primary custody.  However, at trial a judge will weigh credibility of the parties when hearing their testimony along with other evidence.

A judge will make the decision based on his/her own interpretation of what is in the best interests of the child/children.  In this particular case, the judge made the decision based on testimony and evidence - just like in every case.  Mr. Yow has an impeccable reputation and relationship with the Court.  At no time would any judge in Montgomery County rule against a party because of the lawyer they chose.

I would hire Mr. Yow again in a heartbeat, with confidence.