Complaint Review: Godaddy

• Reported By: JP — SLC Utah United States of America
Godaddy
14455 N HAYDEN RD STE 219 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Godaddy Watch out for the protective service Scottsdale , Arizona

I received numerous emails from godaddy saying that my websites were gong to expire if I didn't act fast and that I could save money on them.  Only problem was I actually wanted them to expire and the card I had on file with them was canceled.  Perfect scenario I thought.  After the websites that I wanted expired canceled I renewed the ones I wanted for about 200.  Guess what godaddy did?  That is right they went back and charged another 690 for the other websites and the protection on each one of them.  I then called to complain and they said you need to fill out all these papers and send them in and we will then cancel them.  Will the canceled the protection but not the website.  They said I only had 5 days to cancel the website from the time it renewed.  Seriously.  I ended up getting back 230 of the 690 becuase of the protection they did not cancel the websites.  Do not do business with this company they are a jok and I am changing my domains over as soon as possible.  Don't put the protection on and don't expect them to help you when they over charge you.  I ended up having to go back and dispute it with my credit card company.  We will see how that goes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Godaddy/Scottsdale-Arizona-/Godaddy-Watch-out-for-the-protective-service-Scottsdale-Arizona-913319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Godaddy