Complaint Review: Godaddy.com

• Submitted: Tue, October 26, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, October 26, 2010

• Reported By: Stevemac010406 — Whispering pines North Carolina United States of America
Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com Buydomains.com Domain name stolen from godaddy.com Internet

I logged in and registered on godaddy.com, an online domain registration site. I had researched the name of my inteded domain name many times, and did a final search for my domain name, there was none and it was available. I attempted to buy a number of sites, to include .com,.org, .net,.co etc... When it dame time for me to pay, the screen timed out and told me to essentially start the process again. I thought it was odd because ay no time was there a lapse in typing. When I entered the wanted domain name it came back as taken. I thought it was referring to what was in my shopping trolly because I'd just had it's registration pending certification. I opened up a new web page and ran a search through google. There on the top of the page was my domain name. It looked like real site, but when I clicked on it, it was a sales site of buydomains.com and guess what the sale was for, yes for my domain name. I am extremely upset by this obvious theft of a domain name that could sell for thousands of dollars. This is outright theft, nothing more.

Godaddy stole my domain name in order to sell it and make money. This is nothing but daylight robberry. Some domain names sell fir hundreds of thousands of dollars. That's how I see it you just potentially took me for thousands.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2010 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Godaddycom/internet/Godaddycom-Buydomainscom-Domain-name-stolen-from-godaddycom-Internet-655613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Godaddy.com