Complaint Review: Godaddy.com

• Updated: Tue, March 19, 2013

• Reported By: Nathaniel — Ramotswa Internet
Godaddy.com
14455 N Hayden Rd Nationwide United States of America

Godaddy.com Godaddy.com POOR customer service and support Scottsdale Arizona, Nationwide

*Author of original report: GoDaddy.com delivered what they promised

On Friday 15 March 2013 I ordered a 12 month hosting plan with a free domain from Godaddy and after the order was successfully processed I checked for the domain under my account's domains and I did not find it.

I contacted via Godaddy Online Support about this problem at 3/15/2013 10:42 am.

At 3/16/2013 6:36 am I received the following message from Godaddy Support:

"Dear Nathaniel,

Thank you for contacting Online Support.

It appears that you are having an issue with taking advantage of a free domain promotion. Please note that as stated within the promotions restrictions/limitations the domain needed to be added to the purchase with the hosting account to take advantage of this promotion. Unfortunately, Online Support is not able to apply this discount to an order once processed. We appreciate your understanding with regards to this matter.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,
Daniel P.
Online Support Team "

I replied with the following message at 3/16/2013 10:38 am:

"I ordered the 12 hosting plan thinking that I will get a free domain otherwise I would have registered the .net domain and ordered a 3 month hosting plan.

I did not see any promotions restrictions/limitations during the order and I did not know there are limitations until now.

I would like you to do add the .net domain to my account or refund me my money."

I also sent the following email to billing@godaddy.com as advised by one ofthe posts on their forums:

"Hello,

According to my subscribed 12 month hosting plan I was told that there is a free domain available for that plan.I need help to create and configure that domain.

Nathaniel Moikabi"

I have not heard form GoDaddy.com even now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Godaddycom/nationwide/Godaddycom-Godaddycom-POOR-customer-service-and-support-Scottsdale-Arizona-Nationwide-1035455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Godaddy.com

GoDaddy.com delivered what they promised

AUTHOR: bmnathaniel - ()

GoDaddy.com' s Mandy O'Connor contacted me via email and later via phone to resolve my domain problem. They gave me the domain they had promised for free.

Mandy was nice and I think if GoDaddy.com keeps this kind of support up they will keep a lot of their customers happy including me.

variables