Complaint Review: Goddard College

• Reported By: disenchanted — New Hampshire
Goddard College
Plainfield, Vermont USA

Goddard College President Vacar Adult Education Advocate? Plainfield Vermont

Having been subject to multiple and questionable practices at Goddard, I want to alert those who are considering admission.Always, it seems to be one word against the other. Re: the Psyche program.......I have much to tell and as always, "they" will object, deflect, and essentially disregard any sound presentation or rebuttal. So hard to explain, but if you are unsure about admission to the Psychology program, please conact me at : abacosbreezes@aol.com. I always try to be objective and see things for what they are. No, I am not your typical disgruntled student who offered a minimal effort. Contraire indeed. All I can say that it became such a ridiculous waste of time.......all my effort was disregarded because of incessant emphasis ttowards therapeutic approach. And then the President refused to engage in "adult learning". his is after an article where it was noted that she dropped out of school and the nprogressively attained a docoarete. Big fucking deal. I have 3 doctors in my family and they all have humility to some extent. I sent a note indicating my displeasure to the President, and after two times I was referred to a Dean. (yet another story). Too busy (small school) to even acknlowledge me).

One of the points that the President noted is that Goddard is comparable to sate universities. Maybe on the surface, but when you are only on campus for a week nd then leave , you are on your own. Mainstream "public" tuition includes physical interaction between student and professor throughoy the semester. Goddard? Once you leave the campus, you are on your own. And I was fine with that....not all can successfully  or comfortably get used to that. I knew what kind of school this was. What I did not expect was all the work  and written papers would be so scrutinized by "marginal" instructors......people who say hello for 15 minutes each semester and then you are on your own. People who think that because they have a doctorate, they know how to teach. And most importantly. most of the staff is adjunct- meaning they have a practice or supplemetal job. Part of my plight was an instructor telling me that I had to deliver a paper (approx. 40 pages) 2 weeks prior to semester end. Each course is approx. 4 weeks, so that meant I had to write everything in 2 weeks. And it was STILL rejected because of the 2 weel prior stipulation. Insane. I paid all of this money for minimal mentoring and then get screwed after writing 80 pages + for 2 courses.

When I began the Psyche program, I ws like anyone who wanted to better themself or add to their credentials. No. its not me why that suddenly changed.....look at the retention rate (always a viable and accurate indicator). I am not a person to get pissed off so easily. When I have to pay such inflated costs of tution and then encounter supposed "adult learning-oriented practice", then I question- just like anything else that induces some thought.

If you have the wherewithal for payment, then fine....if you have the discipline to be on your own with minimal interaction with staff- fine. I just look at what the hell did I pay for.And I'm not even finished yet......another story- not really worth telling because it's so complicated. Of course, I expect some biased or un substantiated response, but in the end. "I" know what is the truth.You choose to belive what you want.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goddard-College/Plainfield-Vermont/Goddard-College-President-Vacar-Adult-Education-Advocate-Plainfield-Vermont-1065749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goddard College