Complaint Review: Godwin Company, INC

• Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: Lee — Noblesville Indiana United States of America
Godwin Company, INC
1175 West 16th st Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Godwin Company, INC Total ripoff artists. Get accurate estimate before agreeing to any services. Total lack of honesty. Indianapolis, Indiana

Perform work without providing estimate or aquiring authorization. Owner is unwilling to stand behind his own word. Total lack of customer service.   Dropped off golf cart for service. They had me sign a form at dropoff agreeing to 1 hour of labor in order to diagnose $72.00. (so far reasonable) 2 weeks later I get a call saying golf cart is ready for pick up. With NO estimate or even verbal quote they replaced battery & selonoid, charged and maintenanced 5 other batteries and performed 5 hours labor. To the tune of $566.00. After discussions with owner we agreed to 25% off. Excuse was that they would've had to contact me several times during course of repairs . Yet owner called me 6 times in 2 hour period to discuss bill. When I arrived to pick up golf cart they demanded that I pay in Cash. I refused and they threatened to keep cart. After threatening to go directly to attorneys office they allowed me to pay with a credit card and charged an extra 3% for doing so. Also owner knew I was coming to pick up cart yet he was convieniently unavailable when I arrived at 2:00 in the afternoon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Godwin-Company-INC/Indianapolis-Indiana-46202/Godwin-Company-INC-Total-ripoff-artists-Get-accurate-estimate-before-agreeing-to-any-se-923341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Godwin Company, INC