Complaint Review: Goggles And Glasses - Gogglesandglasses.com

• Updated: Fri, July 23, 2010

• Reported By: DamianRocks — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Goggles And Glasses - Gogglesandglasses.com
480 SOUTH CENTRAL AVE Batesville, Arkansas United States of America

Goggles And Glasses - Gogglesandglasses.com Deceptive Bait and Switch Shipping Batesville, Arkansas

Upon finding a couple of $6 items I wanted, I went to check-out.  There's a field at the bottom to fill-in a COUPON.  If you do, the entire check-out screen re-loads, resetting a couple of options back to "factory spec," which in the case of GogglesandGlasses.com is the most expensive shipping possible.  I didn't notice the reset.  I wasn't told my final cost before payment (only after).  I bought what should have cost $16 charged me 40.

That's right there automatic, factory shipping charge is for 2nd Day Air.  I instantly called them to correct this, but they were closed.  I left a message, and called the next morning, but the lady on the phone insisted there was "nothing she could do, because the package already shipped."  No amount of pointing-out their erroneous webpage design, or the fact I instantly called made a difference.  I fail to see that they didn't intentional set their website to trick people out of shipping money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2010 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Goggles-And-Glasses-Gogglesandglassescom/Batesville-Arkansas-72501/Goggles-And-Glasses-Gogglesandglassescom-Deceptive-Bait-and-Switch-Shipping-Batesvill-626091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Goggles And Glasses - Gogglesandglasses.com