Complaint Review: Golan's Moving Company

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Unhappy Customer — United States of America
Golan's Moving Company
Skokie, Illinois United States of America

Golan's Moving Company Left us high and dry with our move! They never showed up! Skokie, Illinois

I highly recommend that you do not use Golan's Moving Company.  We are incredibly disappointed with them.  They did not show up to move our stuff!  We had to rent a U-Haul truck and move everything ourselves - just my husband, myself and our 3-year-old daughter.  What a mess.

This happened after 5 separate conversations with verbal agreements that they were showing up either 2/14/13 or 2/15/13 and then they never called and never showed up!  When my husband called to see how late they were running, they said they wouldn't be there until the 17th!  All of a sudden it changed and no one bothered to tell us or ask us if this was OK.  We could not believe it.  Waiting that long was not even an option since we had to leave our current home on the 16th.

The general manager (Julie Gold) had quite a bit of tone with me on the phone and would not even give me the owner's name of the company.  I've never had an experience quite as unnerving as I did with her.  She did not care that we had to do it on our own.  I explained that we tried to give them the job, but they never showed up OR called to say they wouldn't make it!  How does a company like this exist?  Who blows off a customer and expects them to just be quiet about it?  She said we never had a contract with them and so they were off the hook.  Well the "contract" happens when they arrive to move your stuff so go figure.

Do not use Golan's Moving Company.  You're better off somewhere else.  At least then you'll get your stuff moved.  They are terrible!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golans-Moving-Company/Skokie-Illinois-/Golans-Moving-Company-Left-us-high-and-dry-with-our-move-They-never-showed-up-Skokie-1017503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golan's Moving Company