Complaint Review: Gold Crown Resorts and Frontier Wholesale Marketing

2490 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, Hawaii United States of America
  • Phone: 808-342-0988
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Gold Crown Resorts and Frontier Wholesale Marketing Frontier Wholesale Marketing Rip off, don not deal with this so called vacation club! Honolulu, Hawaii

*Author of original report: Frontier Wholesale Marketing Refunded my money

My husband and I were on vacation in Hawaii and attended a seminar that was supposedly run by Gold Crown Resorts.   The presentation sounded wonderful.  It promised vacations in 5 star resorts at low prices, anytime of the year, no blackouts..etc.  Even more the salesman that we dealt with told us about the extremely low cost cruise deals we would get.  My husband and I took the bait, we paid $1000 down and were to make payments of $137.00 until a huge $5000 balance was paid off.  While signing all of the papers, we found that Frontier Wholesale Marketing was all over the paperwork.  When I asked who they were we were informed that they are the marketing part of Gold Crown.  The sales person and closer of the deal assured us that Gold Crown and Frontier were one in the same, just different divisions of the same company.

Once my husband and I returned home and got into the Gold Crown Resorts web site we were horrified.  Yes they do offer vacations at resorts, but they seem to be old time shares that they bought up and are now renting.  We really ddint find any spectacular 5 star resorts on the web site  And even sadder the cruise prices they offer are higher than what we found on expedia. I immediately stopped the automatic draft on my credit card for those monthly payments and started contacting people to complain.

Gold Crown Resorts responded by telling me that they are not responsible for what the employees at Frontier Wholesale Marketing said or did.  They claim they haven't gotten a dime of my money and they didnt do business with me.
 Gold Crown Resorts Customer Service Rep even went as far as to make sly threats against me, basically stating that if I file a complaint against them they will sue me for liable.  Seems Gold Crown  has made this threat to others.
 I have emailed and snail mailed and called Frontier Wholesale Marketing and they don't respond at all.Meanwhile Im getting bills from a company from Missouri, Universal Account Servicing for the balance I supposedly owe.  I have contacted them and they tell me that they are collecting for "Frontier Wholesale Marketing-Gold Crown Resorts" and if I have any problems to contact Gold Crown they even gave me the phone numbers for Gold Crown.

So it seems that you see a presentation on Gold Crown Resorts, sign the paperwork that has both Gold Crown and Frontier Wholesale Marketing all over it, then they sent the billing to Universal Account Servicing and then when you have a major complaint every one acts as if they aren;t responsible for the lies.  They may ruin my credit but they will not get another dime from me, dont let them scam you don't get mixed up with these companies.

Johanna
Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2012 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gold-Crown-Resorts-and-Frontier-Wholesale-Marketing/Honolulu-Hawaii-96815/Gold-Crown-Resorts-and-Frontier-Wholesale-Marketing-Frontier-Wholesale-Marketing-Rip-off-942100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold Crown Resorts and Frontier Wholesale Marketing

Frontier Wholesale Marketing Refunded my money

AUTHOR: Jett - (United States of America)

Just to update the public..after not being able to reach anyone for weeks.  I was finally in touch with a young lady from Frontier Wholesale Marketing.  She listened to my concerns and eventually was able to get my $1000 down payment refunded and according to her email my contract cancelled.
However, I am still getting calls from Universal ( the billing company) trying to collect on the account.  I am hoping that they will soon get word from Frontier that I dont owe the money.
My dis-satisfaction with Gold Crown still stands.  I dont think what they offer is worth the money you pay.  My opinion and Im entitled to it!