Complaint Review: Gold Key Credit Inc

• Updated: Wed, June 11, 2014

• Reported By: John — Orlando Florida United States of America
Gold Key Credit Inc
16070 Aviation Loop Dr. Brooksville, Florida United States of America

Gold Key Credit Inc Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.. I recieved a call from 1-800-218-3280 stating they wanted to me. Csller demanded my DOB and last 4 numbers of my ss number. Upon demanding that cller identify himself he re Brooksville, Florida

*Author of original report: update

*General Comment: Conflict of Interest

As stated on Nov 28, 2012 I recieved a call from 1-800-238-3280 at 9:00 a.m. Caller demanded my date of birth and last 4 numbers of SS number.
I asked caller to identify himself.
Caller refused and said, " I do not have to identify myself and I will put it down that you refused to comply with my request and investigation. "
DUe to scammers and rip off artists I declined to give anything to this perons on a phone line unless they could properly identify theirself first.
Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Gold Key Credit made telephone call without properly identifying oneself except as allowed to obtain information.
Further this shows where the informationthat the creditor or collection agency collects and reports can be biased and untrue if left unchallenged.
For some reason Florida Emergency Room Physicians refused my requests to accept a charity letter from the hospital showing an investigation into my financial affairs and indigency. Other medical agencies accepted this letter as a form of payment for services. Florida Emergency Physicians decided to forward this account to Gold Key Credit without trying to call me or respond to my written attempts to pay a bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 04:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gold-Key-Credit-Inc/Brooksville-Florida-34606/Gold-Key-Credit-Inc-Nov-28-2012-at-900-am-I-recieved-a-call-from-1-800-218-3280-sta-975382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold Key Credit Inc

update

AUTHOR: John - ()

Updated report. It took a couple of years to resolve this problem. Here is an update. The attention I had from Florida Emergency Physicians was super. Their billing was an issue though. Here is how this happened and why it may be important to document and save your correspondence. Problem is that Fl Emergency Physicians uses a medical billing company called Commercial Medical Billing Systems or CMBS out of Oklahoma CIty. It has been my experience when dealing with these medical billing and collection companies, that it is a good idea to keep everything in writing. I try to keep everything in writing over calling these medical billing and / or collection agencies. When you call them, THEY MAKE A RECORD OF HOW THEY SEE A COMPLAINT. It may not be factual. IT IS THEIR SIDE ONLY. I do not have access to this and I do not get copies of this transcript. Make sure of who you are talking to and what their position is. My problem was the medical billing agency sent the bill to Gold Key CreditInc. Gold Key Credit Inc. did not give it the time they needed to properly investigate and verify this issue. Problem was Gold Key Credit was trying to force a collection on a discharged bill. When Gold Key tried to force a collection and conduct what I felt was a biased investigation. Their agent was obnoxious and felt he was right, I was wrong and they were reporting me to the collection agencies. Attempts at correcting the credit reporting agencies were futile. This went on for almost 8 months. I was instructed by credit reporting agencies to take it up with Gold Key Credit Inc. In the middle of 2013, Gold Key Credit got around to validating their claim. Finally their paperwork came back with case numbers I could track and verify. Again, their collection number conflicted with my records. THIS WAS A DISCHARGED BILL. So much for their accuracy and investigation. I had to pay for their crap. The result could have been resolved by some one reading the complaint and responding to this properly. Regretfully it took a court order to correct. As far as I am concerned, Gold key Credit has a serious credibility problem in their verification department and the way they handle their investigations. If you have to work with them I would recommend that you record their calls or demand all communication in writting.There is a way to properly record a phone call in Fl. BE CAREFUL ON THIS.

#2 General Comment

Conflict of Interest

AUTHOR: Alsobeenvictimized - ()

I have several accounts in collection for a similar situation with the same companies.

It has come to my attention that Gold Key Credit is not only a collection agency, but also handles Medical Billing. So, the indidivual that received a letter of charity sent to Florida Emergency Physicians and did not accept it as payment in full is an employee of the same company that is acting as a collection agency in regards to your debt.

This not only allows them to collect the standard fees for their billing services, but also collect their outrageous fees for debt collection services.