Complaint Review: Gold Key protection

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Richard — Euclid Ohio United States of America
Gold Key protection

Gold Key protection I purchased my warranty through Vehicle Assurance and when it came time for repairs I was told I ha to contace Gold Key Protection. I was told that the opposite of what happened to my car was the reason for denieing my claim. Internet

I was going to work and felt a jerking in my car. I too it in to Central Cadillac in Cleveland, Ohio and left them with my warranty card. They contacted me and sad the warranty company want proof of my oil changes, which I took in. The warranty company then said some of my receipts were vehicle service reports from Conrads and they need the invoice showing the work was done. I went and got that and took it in. entral Cadillac then pulled my engine and broke it down With proof of my having maintained my car I though it would be taken care of.

At the time I took my car in it still had 45% life expectency on my oil. gold Key sent ou a representative to Inspect my car whom the Service manager ther had to show what the problem was. This guy inspecting my car did not have a clue what he was doing. The service manager said it was a problem with the ring which allowe the oil to get past the rings and was burning oil. I have never had an oil leak kept the oil change amd clearly could not have had a leak for my oil to be low. gold Key says the problem with the rings was caused by low oil, which is totally backward.

The low oil was caused by the bad rings. There isn't any place else for the oil to go there wasn't any leaks. The then told me that my car requires 17inch tires thta when I replaced them with Vogue tire, a Brand made for hight end vehicles there 17 inch tire were slightly wide and is a modification and neglates my warrenty and. I told the reprensetative that I had kept my car serviced replace tires with high end tires made for thar car and had done nothing wrong nor failed to do the require maintenance it was not in any way my fult I hade these problem with my car. He then informed me that it does not have to be my fault for them to deny my claim

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gold-Key-protection/internet/Gold-Key-protection-I-purchased-my-warranty-through-Vehicle-Assurance-and-when-it-came-tim-1023109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gold Key protection