Brain

• Submitted: Tue, June 09, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 09, 2009

• Reported By:Hampton Virginia
Golden Eagle Credit Corporation, LLC
132 West 31st Street 14th Floor, New York, New York U.S.A.

Golden Eagle Credit Corporation, LLC Sent me a letter for a 8 year old credit card machine that I had sent back. I was offered a payoff. I FedEx the offered amount and received a payment reciept letter instead of a payoff letter New York New York

I received a letter from Golden Eagle Leasing Corporation regarding a credit card machine that I leased over 8 years ago that was returned to them. I contacted the company and left a message. Later, I got a call from a Ms. Kenya Hill from the legal Department of Golden Eagle Credit Corporation. The original letter had a "payoff" offered. I was told by Ms. Hill that I will receive a "payoff" letter confirming that the debt had been settled. Therefore, I took the payoff offered and because the "payoff" was time sensitive I FedEx a personal check. When I received a letter from Golden Eagle it was to confirm a payment. The letter stated: "Please be advised that this letter confirms that a payment of $400.00 has been received by Golden Eagle Leasing, LLC. If you should have any questions please contact me at (212) 457-8486. Sincerely yours, Accounting Department." Well, I have put on the note of the payment that it was the "Balance of a payoff" for which I have a copy of the cleared check from my bank. I have constantly called Ms. Hill and the Accounting Department number and no one is answering. I want the "Payoff" letter that I was informed that I will received. I don't need a receipt of payment because my cleared check is my receipt! These people are a bunch of scammers!

Scambuster
Hampton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2009 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golden-Eagle-Credit-Corporation-LLC/New-York-New-York-10001-3405/Golden-Eagle-Credit-Corporation-LLC-Sent-me-a-letter-for-a-8-year-old-credit-card-machine-459916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golden Eagle Credit Corporation, LLC